It is better than Kelly's but still not good enough
by mocopdx (2024-04-05 15:01:13)

In reply to: Good post, I hope you are right. An honest question ...  posted by DrunkenIrishPoet

We are doing a better job with the top 50-250, but we're still woefully behind on getting the truly elite recruits. Our best bet at this rate is to hope we can build a program like Michigan did. We certainly won't be able to go the Bama/OSU/Georgia route unless something changes.

I'd rather ND not resort to espionage and sign stealing.
by cmhirish  (2024-04-05 18:41:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know you were making a point about talent, but their season should never be used as any sort of an example to be emulated.

Harbaugh is a cheat and a coward. He was suspended for 6 games, 3 games self-imposed by Michigan and 3 more by the conference. He bolted for the NFL to avoid further investigation. Their achievements are forever tainted and should forever be framed in that context.

The new CFP is another reason that path isn't replicable
by gordonbombay  (2024-04-06 18:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No more will a team like UM get to play 2 real teams all year long and then get piss lucky to dodge the acknowledged most talented team because they lost 1 game and fell out of the CFP.

This needs to be written in stone * *
by graNDfan  (2024-04-05 19:36:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post