I wondered that too. And they were very good at matching up
by Moff (2024-04-05 00:24:21)

In reply to: Sid Finch  posted by NDde

Recruits with like minded host players.

Devine wasn’t always very good at that. I remember hearing
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-05 15:06:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That he matched several recruits with Joe Restic and was surprised when they went elsewhere. Restic was a great guy. He played safety and punted for the team. He was studying towards the pre-professional degree and had a 3.8 GPA. He didn’t allow himself much if any free time as his days were spent at practice, meetings, and study hall. He would awaken at 5 AM to study for three hours before class and then would turn out the lights at midnight. He was a very dedicated student. I am almost certain he went to dental school. ND had many pre-professionals in those days. Off the top of my head, Ken MacAfee, John Leon, Dave Vinson, Joe Restic, and Bob Bleyer (sp?).

He is an orthodontist. The kids and I watched an ND
by Moff  (2024-04-05 15:58:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lacrosse game with him back in 2014 at ND. The kids all had braces and Joe kiddingly gave them his seal of approval re same. A really cool guy. I recall that his father was the head football coach at Harvard.

Yes he was and he was mentioned in a Joe Doyle article about
by OldIrishFan  (2024-04-05 18:41:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Possible replacements for Devine when I was a senior