Yup. Here is the link to Wake Up The Echoes.
by Moff (2024-04-03 22:51:50)
Edited on 2024-04-03 23:49:11

In reply to: Yeah, George Keogan deserves some sort of honor  posted by Dennis

The Leahy section starts at about 24:50. Lujack telling that story starts around 30:00. The chant of "Leahy! Leahy! Leahy!" at 27:13. Oh hell, anyone who hasn't already seen it should watch the whole section. As you know, well worth the time. A shout out to our own Leahy! Thanks for sharing your Dad with all of us.

I had this movie memorized back in the day (and probably still do). It was required viewing for the recruits during recruiting weekends and we managed to catch it many times. I tried to hide the fact that I would always tear up at the end with the final montage, starting at about the 49 min mark with Lou's speech, the Harry Oliver kick, John Facenda's/the Voice of God's narration, etc. (and even my very white Adidas in the frame at 50:11 as TB scored while I was standing by that pylon. As part of his NFL HOF speech embedded below, they used a wider shot of that same play. At the 8:05 mark, it shows the rest of me including me pumping my arm in his direction with a football in my hand. Not sure what I was thinking there and, in retrospect, I am confident Tim already knew which way to run. My brother saw that live on TV and was horrified at the thought of what would have happened to me if the ball had slipped out of my hand and gone flying onto the field or even tripped him. Thankfully, I was a trained professional and have big hands. You know what that means ladies! Big gloves! I now notice that the official had his right arm out to box me out as he backed out of the way, or least for a point of reference so he didn't back up too far and trip over someone and end up on his butt. That half was spent on the enemy's sideline, try to avoid blocking Bo and that Harbaugh fellow. We switched sides for the second half and I ended up in the opposite corner, in front of our own cheerleaders, for the play WHEN JOEL CAME DOWN IN BOUNDS, DAMMIT! Good times.)