I still think he should play OT versus WR
by irishrock (2024-03-04 10:55:45)

In reply to: Joe Alt 40 (link)  posted by PWK2

Why an OT's 40 time is important is beyond me...how many times in his 14 year career will he run 40 yards in a game?

His tape is quite good and hope he goes top 5-10. His dad was an awesome Chief for a long time

“Though I suppose any play designed for an offensive lineman
by Father Nieuwland  (2024-03-04 20:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to run 40 yards is probably ill-conceived.”

Fumblerooski
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-07 10:34:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OK, not exactly 40 yards but you get the point.

Speaking of Raridons, now grandfather Scott Raridon
by Moff  (2024-03-07 11:17:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was on that O-Line. He went on to be Lou's weight coach his first couple years at ND.

Those Nebraska boys up front were .... ahem.... corn fed
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-07 11:29:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as I recall. Maybe when grandfather Raridon came to Notre Dame, he brought his corn pipeline with him. Build strong bones, muscles, and teeth.

Yeah, they had a bit of a rep in that regard. *
by Moff  (2024-03-07 14:11:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

10 yard split more important
by jt  (2024-03-04 11:46:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Though still not extremely important, good measure of short distance explosion. Heck, I would argue that for a skill guy, 10 yard fly time is more important than the 40, because it's showing the top acceleration speed.

Sorry JT, but nope. only thing that matters is film
by 84david  (2024-03-04 17:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

against elite DEs in big games.

underwear olympics have no bearing on nfl success
with respect to OLs.

I just think sitting on my couch watching the combine for
by ACross  (2024-03-04 13:23:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

16 hours over a glorious early spring weekend makes me awesome. And then I fret about and tweak my mocks.

But what's on your other living room TV screen? NBA? NHL?
by DakotaDomer  (2024-03-04 17:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which betting website are you using during the day-games?

alas, I didn't watch any of it
by jt  (2024-03-04 13:46:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, that's not completely true--someone forwarded me the cut up version of Luke McCaffery running the 40 superimposed with his brother running the 40 back in 2017, so I did see that.

I can't ever see myself watching combine footage
by irishrock  (2024-03-04 14:19:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but I do love the NFL draft. I understand the people who make fun of me for it...but I do love the draft.

KC held it last year and I hope we get it again (but doubt it). And no, I didn't go down with a Chiefs construction hard hat, Kelce jersey, and face painted red/white.

you'll love this
by irishrock  (2024-03-04 12:37:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in high school, of course, we ran a 40 yard dash. But someone measured it out and thinks it might have been a 38 or 39 yard dash. Think about it, a coach comes in and measures high schooler times for RB's and a kid runs a 4.75 or something...you can't give that score to a recruiter. Not that recruiters cared...our FB was 6'0 and 235lbs who was fast and powerful (see my profile) and every college wanted him. He probably ran faster than 4.75, but who knows.

So we'd have some guys run in the low 4.33 range (back in mid 80's)...guys were fast, for sure, four of our guys won the 4x400 state champ in big class, but did not run under 4.4.

Hey! You know Coach Sev measured that out to the millimeter! *
by Rosecrea  (2024-03-06 16:03:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll celebrate a TD 1st after a long play...very important *
by ndgenius  (2024-03-04 10:57:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post