Sorry if I wasn’t clear
by Son of Galway (2024-03-01 18:32:06)

In reply to: What was the best  posted by DrunkenIrishPoet

This team has the best cornerback play I have ever seen at Notre Dame.

The corners are very aggressive. They don’t give any padding at the line of scrimmage, and they challenge the route from start to finish.

Notre Dame has had a number of great individual corners in the past. Todd Lyght, Bobby Taylor, and Luther Bradley were the best, in my opinion. However, Mickens might be the best cornerbacks coach I’ve ever seen at Notre Dame.

I thought last year
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2024-03-01 18:34:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may have been the best defensive backfield I can recall. I think 1988 - 1989 were very good as well.

Burris, Lane, Taylor, Covington in 1993 was a superb unit. *
by MobileIrish  (2024-03-02 19:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Duff, Walton, Sapp, Earl was a good group
by Twinkie the Kid  (2024-03-02 00:00:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All four were NFL draft picks.

2018 and 2020 were good units too
by athlete37  (2024-03-03 13:10:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The three players that have had success in the NFL have done so at safety though. Julian Love was probably our best cornerback in some time, but is now a safety with Gilman and Hamilton. I’m not sure if Troy Pride is still playing.

I was gonna say, Lyght and Smagala were damn good. *
by AraStopTheSnow  (2024-03-01 18:56:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pat Terrell and Streeter also played in NFL
by btd  (2024-03-06 00:09:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Streeter for about 2-3 years. Pat lasted quite a while and was a starter. In today’s game Streeter would be a Rover LB. He was Drue Tranquil