Cam Hart had a great combine
by athlete37 (2024-03-01 17:24:03)

10’10 broad jump, 39.5 inch vertical, and a 4.5 40. I don’t know how they come up with metrics on this, but they’ve got that as the 42nd best cornerback performance since 1987 (out of over 2209 cornerbacks).

Sam Hartman's hair had a great combine! (link)
by TWO  (2024-03-03 08:39:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Either Hart is underrated or Marvin Harrison, Jr overrated *
by MBOIrish  (2024-03-02 07:05:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought Morrison covered Harrison most of the game *
by sprack  (2024-03-05 14:56:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t think he was covering Harrison much
by athlete37  (2024-03-03 13:24:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I couldn’t tell ya. The first time you see him on the screen in that game is with about 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter. Regardless, he was clamping down a talented receiver all game, whether it was Harrison, Egbuka; or Fleming.

If not for his shoulder injuries
by SEE  (2024-03-02 13:12:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we might be talking about him as a higher pick.

Hail Falcons! *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2024-03-01 23:36:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not exactly a blazer
by acrossdmiddle  (2024-03-01 19:03:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But perhaps he can make up for it with his technique and other strengths (leaping). He was excellent for ND, which probably means more than “measureables.”

At 6’3” and same as Arnold (1st rounder) * *
by SEE  (2024-03-01 21:48:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s a big muchacho for a corner
by acrossdmiddle  (2024-03-02 11:28:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And would match up well with physical receivers.

He has been underrated at ND
by Son of Galway  (2024-03-01 17:35:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I believe that he has been a very strong cornerback for us for past three years. He had some great games (e.g. Wisconsin a few years ago, OSU last season) and he was almost always very solid.

He played a very high risk position, and he always played it well.

This is the best cornerback play I have seen from a Notre Dame team in my lifetime, in my opinion. We have a lot of talent, and we have a great cornerbacks coach. I hope Mickens becomes the defensive coordinator when Al Golden moves on.

What was the best
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2024-03-01 17:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

cornerback play? Just curious.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear
by Son of Galway  (2024-03-01 18:32:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This team has the best cornerback play I have ever seen at Notre Dame.

The corners are very aggressive. They don’t give any padding at the line of scrimmage, and they challenge the route from start to finish.

Notre Dame has had a number of great individual corners in the past. Todd Lyght, Bobby Taylor, and Luther Bradley were the best, in my opinion. However, Mickens might be the best cornerbacks coach I’ve ever seen at Notre Dame.

I thought last year
by DrunkenIrishPoet  (2024-03-01 18:34:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may have been the best defensive backfield I can recall. I think 1988 - 1989 were very good as well.

Burris, Lane, Taylor, Covington in 1993 was a superb unit. *
by MobileIrish  (2024-03-02 19:01:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Duff, Walton, Sapp, Earl was a good group
by Twinkie the Kid  (2024-03-02 00:00:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All four were NFL draft picks.

2018 and 2020 were good units too
by athlete37  (2024-03-03 13:10:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The three players that have had success in the NFL have done so at safety though. Julian Love was probably our best cornerback in some time, but is now a safety with Gilman and Hamilton. I’m not sure if Troy Pride is still playing.

I was gonna say, Lyght and Smagala were damn good. *
by AraStopTheSnow  (2024-03-01 18:56:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pat Terrell and Streeter also played in NFL
by btd  (2024-03-06 00:09:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Streeter for about 2-3 years. Pat lasted quite a while and was a starter. In today’s game Streeter would be a Rover LB. He was Drue Tranquil

I think he is using the word "play" to refer to their body
by G.K.Chesterton  (2024-03-01 18:09:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of work, not a specific play on the field (corrections welcome).