His quote
by mocopdx (2024-02-26 23:07:44)

In reply to: What did he say? I can't imagine Freeman likes that idea. *  posted by VaDblDmr

"I think it's understanding what we're trying to get done more than anything. I think we'll probably be a little more spread looking football team than they've been the last couple years. A little bit more 11 personnel than they've run the last couple years. The reason for that really is to help out the run game, to help the play-action game, to help out getting our athletes out in space and giving them the ability to make some explosive plays. That's what we're going to try to create."

So no he didn’t say he wants to go exclusively to spread and 11 personnel. He said he wants “a little more” spread than we’ve been running and “a little bit more 11 personnel”. Now, I suppose one could say that you can read through that and deduce he wants to run a lot of spread, but if we take him at his word then I don’t get what the issue is here. Almost every good team in CFB has run more spread/11 personnel than we have the last few years.

Replies: