It depends on if we can protect him
by Bagimus Maximus (2014-11-30 21:07:26)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Which QB is best equipped to run a pro-style offense?  posted by ACross

Keeping backs in and running screens with some regularity to keep the pass rush down would help in a non-spread offense.

In that case, I like Golson. He has been terrific this year in true play action situations. His accuracy is above average, and his arm strength is far above average when healthy. He needs to limit his scrambles and turnovers, though. He has a tendency to bail after 2 reads, with no pressure. The importance of running that non-spread offense, is that it is easier to prepare a backup, so you don't need to sink or swim with 1 QB.

I haven't seen enough of either QB to grade them. High School videos always look great. They don't put the mistakes in them.

From a Size perspective, I would think all the other QBs on the roster have the size and stature to play effectively.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.