I think Cutcliffe is deserving to be a candidate. (Edit)
by Revue Party (2014-11-30 02:00:18)
Edited on 2014-11-30 02:09:38
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: A&M was 8-4 and ranked #20 Duke was ranked #22  posted by Bagimus Maximus

For several reasons:

1. He has had success at multiple programs. That means he played a role in the success. Not just the institution.
2. He's had success in a major conference. The SEC.
3. He's developed excellent players - see the Mannings.

He's lacking major success at a major program. That's probably my biggest concern. When Holtz was at Arkansas, it was a major program.

Then again until this year, Kyle Whittingham didn't have much success in a major conference, let alone a major program. Hugh Freeze may go 10-3 at Ole Miss. Well, Cutcliffe did that.

He would not be among my top choices. Maybe not even my top 5. I don't see why Fitzgerald would be considered at all or even mentioned in the same breath.

Edit: I'd put Cutcliffe ahead of most of the people on your list. All the C's. At least one B. And a few of the A's.

Then again, outside of Patterson, I'm hoping we can hire someone better than those you've listed.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.