Irish Mace know about that? *
by The Holtz Room (2021-11-25 13:03:37)

In reply to: Damn… well I’ll be staying home then  posted by mitquinn

This user did not provide content for this post

Seriously. He may want to know. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2021-11-25 18:14:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe the Stanford Band will trip all over themselves.
by mkovac  (2021-11-25 14:27:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They’re about as sensitive as a cold toilet seat.

I believe they are still banned when ND visits *
by ND8486  (2021-11-25 15:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were, but I think their admin relented. (edit)
by Manorcal  (2021-11-25 16:05:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We closed 2005 at the old Stanford Stadium, its last game before demolition/renovation (bulldozers were rolling hours after the game). The significance of that probably lead them to let the band in to close the house; find a replay, and you'll see them there.

Ever since, at least for the games I've paid attention, Stanford has indeed had their band in attendance. No idea whether they also performed field shows, bur hopefully another poster who was there in-person can chime in.

Edit: attached a link to a video from what looks like our first trip to the new stadium in 2007. Guess who's there?

Should have bulldozed the band along with the old stadium. *
by ArasEra  (2021-11-26 15:39:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've definitely performed on the field at halftime
by socal_doubledomer74  (2021-11-25 23:24:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In their new stadium.

Thanks, that's news to me.
by Manorcal  (2021-11-26 17:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guess we're just waiting for this shoe to drop yet again, then.

When did the ban start? *
by socal_doubledomer74  (2021-11-25 15:29:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Initially, 1991. Drum major dressed as nun, with crucifix as
by Homeboy73  (2021-11-25 17:14:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

baton. Then 1997, after mocking Notre Dame re the Irish potato famine.

I was referring to the ban when ND plays in Palo Alto.
by socal_doubledomer74  (2021-11-25 20:29:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Stanford band has played multiple times when ND has played in Palo in the 2000s. I'm familiar with the ban when Stanford plays in South Bend.

But yes, they are awful. They think they're really clever and laugh at their own jokes but they're just bad all around.

Yeah, Seamus McHungry
by BIG MAC  (2021-11-25 19:38:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Irish Potato famine. >2million dead. Genocide is so funny. At least to Stanford students. Hope we run it up.

Stanford’s band has been banned and disciplined numerous
by Homeboy73  (2021-11-25 17:20:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

times, not just for Notre Dame. Also re BYU and Mormons, USC, UCLA and alcohol abuse.

You all really buried the lead here. *
by The Holtz Room  (2021-11-25 18:00:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

😎 No, just ran out of space. *
by Homeboy73  (2021-11-25 19:25:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post