Thank you, Panthers *
by jrdjr84 (2018-11-03 01:02:39)

In reply to: It helps our SOS. *  posted by G.K.Chesterton

This user did not provide content for this post

Probably doesn't matter to ND
by NDAtty  (2018-11-03 07:51:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Pitt is an ok team, that has gotten better, but isn't going to do well enough to matter to the Playoff Committee. A difficult OOC schedule and a slow start gave them some bad looking losses to PSU and UCF and a mediocre 5-4 record.

I actually think Pitt is playing better than VT and Miami, and has a pretty decent chance of winning the not-so-good ACC coastal.

If they win the ACC Coastal and beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game, that could certainly help ND. ND is in with an undefeated season. Would Pitt winning the ACC somehow help a 1-loss ND team get in the playoff system. I guess it is possible. What if they beat a Michigan Big 10 champ and the ACC champ?
----------------------------

I know that people like scheduling conversations. FWIW, a strong contingent of Pitt fans think they would be better off with a watered-down OOC schedule, at least until/unless the program improves. The thinking goes that if they had only one of PSU, ND and UCF, they would be 7-2 instead of 5-4. Leading the ACC Coastal. Perhaps inflated Top 25 ranking. More like Wisconsin and their former coach (not ranked now, but racking up a bunch of wins over the last few years).

Would that give them some recruiting momentum? Attendance? I don't know. Anyway, that's the thought.

The loss to Akron is the killer for Pitt *
by elterrible  (2018-11-03 11:00:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you mean Northwestern's loss to Akron?
by NDAtty  (2018-11-03 11:10:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pitt doesn't play Akron this year. They've lost to PSU, ND, UCF and UNC (that's the bad one).

Would be hilarious if they beat Clemson in the ACC-CG *
by ndhouston  (2018-11-03 08:11:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post