I would love to see
by 2shedsjackson (2015-01-02 19:28:36)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Rumors that Chip Kelly is looking to get out of Philly  posted by undfan211

Chip Kelly at ND.I truly believe he could return ND to playoff caliber consistently. He made some big mistakes at Oregon and ND is not likely to touch him and that is a shame. He would have no trouble bringing top talent to ND. He is too smart to fuck up again. As an Eagle fan I have always believed he changed his mind and came to the Eagles because of the NCAA show cause penalty and he will return to college soon. Just my opinion. He did turn down the NFL before the Eagles and after the Eagles interviewed him. I think he prefers the college game. Chip Kelly hand picked VP Tom Gamble and GM Howie Roseman managed to get rid of him. There is a power struggle between Roseman and Kelly. It would not surprise me to see Kelly leave and Roseman be the cause of it. There are rumors of Chip going to the Niners. I believe ND should at least talk to Chip and see if there is interest on his part and seriously consider rolling the dice if the stars align. I am sick of the coaching failures at ND and the chance to get a top tier coach don't come along often. Chip with ND level talent would be incredible. Sometimes good things just fall in your lap(Harbaugh/Mich.) but most times it takes hard work. I think Swarbrick should get to work on Kelly. Brian and Chip. The Eagles will probably not let Chip get away at this time but that should not prevent ND from starting the process of getting their next legendary coach right now.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.