2 things on these points
by ndgotrobbedin97 (2015-01-02 11:05:52)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: A couple thoughts about last night's late game  posted by pmcdnd96

I said last night that Saban's starting QB would have been 4th string at best at OSU. Awful. I hadn't been impressed by what I saw of him during the year, but the SEC bores me (for whatever reason....always has) and I hadn't watched a full game until last night. No arm, not much pocket presence and he wasn't much of a runner for a guy that couldn't throw much. That was by far the difference in the game.

On Bryant....I love his potential, and I realize his carries have been limited, but whenever he does touch the ball I'm usually left wishing he'd have done more with it. I can't justify taking carries away from Folston if Bryant isn't going to get the yards Folston already is.

I sat there the other day thinking exactly that....what carries that Folston got would I have given to Bryant, and would Bryant have done something with them?

You can say the kid needs a chance to prove himself, but I think on any team the kid behind the starter needs to do something with the chances he gets to prove he deserves MORE playing time/carries, and he has to offer more than the starter already is. I just can't say I've seen much of that with Bryant. Folston has been incredibly solid so it's hard for me to argue for Bryant.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.