ND gets 2019 QB commitment-Cade McNamara from Nevada (link)
by olson (2017-07-17 17:03:44)
Edited on 2017-07-17 22:04:30
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Is that offer list correct?
by Groundhog  (2017-07-17 23:41:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wisconsin, Nevada, Hawaii and San Diego State.

The Bleacher Report notification I got
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-07-18 14:30:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

said ND landed him over Alabama and UCLA, and "others". Open the link, and the article's list is drastically different.

Raises some fair questions
by ACross  (2017-07-18 08:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we continue to recruit other qbs, this development might not signify anything.

One of the recruiting services has him as a 3*
by 84david  (2017-07-18 09:36:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the #23 QB.

Well, at least there is no pretense of going after
the elite guys (and whiffing). Lets just start
with the B list and get it over with.

Who will be his OC his Freshman Year? Chip Long? BK?
by Jammer  (2017-07-17 20:55:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

John Harbaugh?
Brian Brohm?
Lane Kiffin?
Steve Sarkasian?

Tank's grandson
by ACross  (2017-07-17 18:21:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like he will not be custom made dor a pro stule offense that Chipper says hr wants to run

well, you know BIGNDFAN says Memphis wasn't in gun
by jt  (2017-07-17 20:19:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

100% of the time last year so when our new OC says that he runs a pro-style system we should take him at his word.

Nevermind that they run a ton of run-pass option and probably were in gun 90% of the time.

You said they were in shotgun 100% of the time
by BigNDfan  (2017-07-18 09:22:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That of course was wrong. They also often went under center in short yardage.

Yeah, often *
by ACross  (2017-07-18 19:57:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was that my main point
by jt  (2017-07-18 10:58:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or was my main point that ND wasn't going to be "pro-style" next year? Right in the interview he said that he considered his offense a pro-style attack.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but zone read and run pass option are not pro style plays and we've been buried this offseason with news of the new RPO and how it is going to really help the running game.

Can you imagine if we re-hired Chuck Martin and combined his coaching with this new RPO scheme? Our running game would be so dominant that NFL teams would be afraid of us!

He also said ND wouldn't lose more than 4 games last year
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-07-17 20:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that was despite having BVG.

So yeah, he is wrong all the time.

You said Kelly has never mentioned winning
by BigNDfan  (2017-07-18 09:24:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

championships since 2012. Even though he's mentioned it every year.

You're also openly rooting for every team that plays ND this year, but posting on an ND message board.

"No way ND loses 5 games this year"
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-07-18 10:35:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well, you were right.

They lost 8.

"They will not lose to Michigan State."

Any more fearless predictions for this year?

Go Owls!

Not for nothing...
by El Kabong  (2017-07-18 12:09:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but ND fans opening rooting for opponents is one of the quickest ways to get launched here.

My ND fandom ended last year
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-07-18 12:27:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After 50 years.

But launch me if you so desire.

I understand your position.

Done *
by El Kabong  (2017-07-18 14:55:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why do you continue to post on an ND board then?
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-07-18 14:27:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll admit, I'm extremely displeased with what is going on with the football team right now. And, I wish Kelly, Swarbrick, and quite a few others were in the unemployment line. But, if I were openly rooting for the teams playing Notre Dame, I wouldn't be wasting my time posting here.

You should check out the Cherry and White message board. It's.... interesting.

kelly had 2 more losses in 1 year than Meyer had in 6.
by cj  (2017-07-17 21:04:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

4-8
Vs
61-6

Factoid from another board.....

We're now supposed to believe we are play-off bound.

Sadly, I do not believe we have cratered yet...

"Oh, the drums go bang and the cymbals clang and the horns
by cj  (2017-07-17 18:30:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They blaze away
McCarthy pumps the old bassoon while I the pipes do play
And Henessee Tennessee tootles the flute and the music is something grand
A credit to old Ireland is MacNamara's band…"

From the top...
"Oh My name is McNamara I'm the leader of the band
although we're few in numbers we're the finest in the land
we play at wakes and weddings and at every fancy ball
and when we play at funerals we play the "March From Saul"

CHORUS
Oh the drums go bang and the cymbals clang and the horns they blaze away
McCarthy pumps the old bassoon and I the pipes do play
and Hennessy Yennessy toodles the flute and music is somethin' grand
a credit to old Ireland is McNamara's Band

Tra la la laaa, la la la laa laaaa, laaaa la la la laaaa
tra la la laaa, la la la laa laaaa, a credit to old Ireland is McNamara's Band

Right now we are rehearsing for a very swell affair
the annual celebration all the genrty will be there
When General Grant to Ireland came he took me by the hand
he said,"I've never seen the likes of McNamara's Band"

Oh my name is Uncle Yuleous and from Sweden I have come
to play in McNamara's Band and bang the big bass drum
as we go marchin' down the street the ladies think it's grand
They say,"I've never seen a Swede in McNamara's Band!"

CHORUS

Well I wear a bunch of shamrocks and a uniform of green
"Hey I'm the funniest looking Swede that you have ever seen!"
"There's Ryans, O'Briens and Sheehans and Meehans they come from Ireland
But By Yimminy I'm the only Swede in McNamara's Band CHORUS

Rottie is still around
by Otis  (2017-07-17 18:06:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And still...unusual. She posted this comment under the article:

Rottie1003 5:07p
Stay away Mike

I saw that comment. What does it mean? *
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-07-18 14:21:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Inside joke on ISD
by Blarneyman  (2017-07-18 17:09:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We often get commitments when Mike Frank goes on vacation from his ISD site.

Unusual. Creepy.
by jakam31  (2017-07-17 18:26:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She crashed the Golic wedding over the weekend. Granted, anyone can be in the Basilica, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a coincidence.

McNamara goes to school less than
by irishwest  (2017-07-17 17:26:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

5 miles from me. I will start paying more attention to his stats in the next two years. Hope the kid pans out as good as projected.

I look forward to your updates
by trout  (2017-07-17 17:29:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Always interested in first hand reports

Their first game is Sept 1st
by irishwest  (2017-07-18 09:59:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

away, but the next two are local. Will try to see at least one of them. Should be an exciting couple of years locally. Another local talent is LB Brandon Kaho from Reno High. Everyone wants him. Irish are recruiting him also. The matchup of McNamara's team versus Kaho will be interesting.

Go Irish

first Nevada HS QB commit to Notre Dame since
by olson  (2017-07-17 17:12:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

*Jim deArrieta
1966 ND Frosh
Winnemucca, Nev Humboldt Ct High
3 time Nevada all state QB
moved to end & punter at ND

*Joe Sheeketski
1965 ND Frosh
Carson City, Nev
dad was HB for Rockne & HC at Nevada (asst at Iowa when Iowa upset Irish-'39)

*John Mendoza
1945 ND Frosh
Las Vegas Nev Las Vegas High
LHB on single wing undefeated unscored upon 'Dream Team'
team never allowed consecutive 1st downs! (see link)
QB at ND(same recruiting class as Frank Tripucka-who also was a single wing LHB in HS)
Mendoza blew out his knee, but stayed at ND & graduated + from ND Law school.
Longtime Judge in Las Vegas

Amazing. I went to LVHS and don't remember hearing
by ND_Navy  (2017-07-17 18:17:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of this team. Of course, a few years had gone by and while we still played many of the same teams, we didn't do nearly as well. Thanks.

Damonte Ranch is
by irishwest  (2017-07-19 10:14:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a fairly new school, having opened in 2003. Expansion in the Reno area and growth necessitated a new school. They should be a fairly good team this year. They beat the team ( Reed) who dominated the North over the last 4-5 years in the playoffs.

Yes, have you ever considered writing a book that contains
by Dillon76  (2017-07-17 17:55:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

all this information? I have been writing a book about my "war" experiences in Iraq in 2004 but after thirteen years, I have only managed to come up with a title!!!! I should have kept a journal like Eugene Sledge.

You're ability to provide this information is a treasure
by trout  (2017-07-17 17:31:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very much appreciated.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.