Kelly's Mea Culpas and explanations for 4-8
by SEE (2017-07-15 11:16:24)
Edited on 2017-07-15 11:19:02
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

From his recent BGI preview interview. Said it was all on him about 15 times.

On changing out coaches: He knew things were slipping, but relative success in 2015 gave him false readings. He felt it was less about loyalty to the former coaches and more him not giving them the right direction.

To wit, on the weight room fiasco: Kids weren't getting enough sleep and they made the decision to give them more autonomy and flexibiility WRT the weight room... which, combined with Longo's limitations, led to less accountability and effort by the kids. They've changed to a highly structured approach with 5 coaches supervising the kids and constant accountability. He said the era of the one all powerful S&C coach is over, you need a team. Of course, he left out the rather salient fact that they also deemphasized power lifting to accommodate BVG's "flexible defender" approach... which put Longo in a bad spot.

Essentially admitted that his need/want to be involved in playcalling (be a fucking tinkerer) necessitated that he spend his time on offense, which means he really wasn't running the whole team nor keeping watch on the defense (If you're counting, at this point he's essentially admitted that he abdicated his responsibility on S&C and defense.) Claims he's not going to be a playcaller this year and trusts Long to do that as he has a knack for it... he was looking for a playcaller.

He didn't mention S/T at all (unless I missed it.)

In sum, he abdicated responsibility for S&C (and forced changes on Longo he couldn't adapt to) by removing accountability, admitted he didn't have oversite of defense and that he was too in the weeds on offense and didn't mention special teams at all.

Gee, wonder how it all got a way from him. Didn't address his overall lack of effort WRT recruiting. Basically seems as if he reduced his role to playcaller.

Changes: He's removed himself at play caller so that he can see and focus on problems across the whole team. He's installed massive accountability around S&C, added a ton of staff and reintroduced power lifting which was deemphasized after Diaco. And hopefully he hired a DC that doesn't completely suck. I'll have notes on that later.

How many times has he given up playcalling?
by ndtnguy  (2017-07-17 09:25:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It seems like this is about the third time he's said that.

If you say it enough
by SEE  (2017-07-18 13:12:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's true. - Donald J. Trump

If you really believe it
by BottleofRed  (2017-07-18 13:27:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's not a lie. --George Costanza

Cashing checks
by Section12  (2017-07-16 21:34:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

two more years and I'll have a net worth of 10 million. Yeah that's the ticket. Meanwhile Paul Longo wanders around his yard fiddles with his shore station and wonders how he's going to cover the mortgage. His inattention boned Longo and all others he's thrown under the bus. He's truly a despicable human being.

Hold on a second there
by pmcdnd96  (2017-07-17 14:50:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'l concede the point that his inattention boned Longo...but do you really think Longo is wondering how he will cover his mortgage? I don't. Based on the 15 seconds I just spent googling the issue, it seems top strentgh and conditioning guys make a half a mil. So let's say Longo was making $200k a year. He should be in pretty decent shape

I also believe Notre Dame approved Longo being out on disability instead of just cutting him off.

I think Kelly is a pretty bad head coach. But I don't think he exactly screwed over longo.

Special Teams aren't Spread Principalities. *
by MD1997  (2017-07-16 11:19:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We've seen this movie before
by bmoreirish  (2017-07-15 20:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When our offense sputters for an extended period, he will announce that he is going back to play calling because, well, why would he waste that skill. I fell for this stuff with Weis, not any more. And the song remains the same.

A Series of Unfortunate Events?
by Chronicle  (2017-07-15 22:13:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Operation Dumbo Drop?
Failure to Launch?
Clear and Present Danger?
Mission Impossible? (with Kelly/Swarbrick/Jenkins at the helm)
Still Waiting?
Blow Out?
The Expendables?
No Way Out?
A Very Long Engagement?

You forgot one: The Crying Game. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-07-16 10:34:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excuses
by Cliff Claven  (2017-07-15 20:31:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just excuses. He gave in to BVG's bullshit about more athletic defenders because he doesn't give one fuck abut defense or special teams. His five wide spread mickey mouse dickwad offense will just outscore the other team. If he hasn't figured it out in 27 years it's not going to happen now.
We are totally screwed.

Cliffy

The only thing I want him to say is "I quit". *
by Freight Train  (2017-07-15 18:10:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a lying shit this guy is.
by goirish89  (2017-07-15 17:43:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has spent his entire career at ND talking about his experience and how that experience will make ND great and NOW he changes his entire story to a "Whoops, my bad--but I promise I've changed!!"? There is no reason to believe a word he is saying. It's clear he has been told by a higher authority to change his tone and he has for now. Let's see what happens this season--I doubt he can keep this up.

Balderdash. Codswallop. Horse hockey
by Camarillo Brillo  (2017-07-15 17:07:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and just plain bullshit.

You expect us to fall for this crap now? After SEVEN. FUCKING. YEARS?

Anyone who buys one word of this malarkey should immediately turn themselves over to the nearest mental health facility, as you are not safe to be out in public.

He says it's all on him. He says he is not going to be involved in playcalling. He is a fucking lying sack of shit.

We've seen this movie far too many times. It always ends with Brian Kelly throwing his team under the bus because they didn't "execute well enough."

It just never ends.

Quite the indictment of our administration
by GreenMonstah  (2017-07-15 15:12:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After cowardly blaming of players during seasons, Kelly cops here to gross incompetence in the core duties of a head coach. But hey, I guess it's easier to admit shortcomings when you know for sure that your employer doesn't have the balls to fire you.

Good thing he has 28 years as a head coach...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-07-15 15:11:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or he would never have gained the experience necessary to start figuring out why he sucks as a head coach.

Glad to see that he has taken responsibility.
by BIG MAC  (2017-07-15 14:24:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I still don't forgive him. By the way, our new DC doesn't suck. In fact, he's a very solid hire; I just don't know how much of a difference he can make in the short term. I expect improvement but it's hard to say how much.

I actually agree on Elko. The rest is BS
by Mike Regan  (2017-07-15 15:57:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It also sounds like he might be the hardest working recruiter on the staff that does not work hard enough at recruiting, with the head coach among those who do not work hard enough at it.

Coach Kelly has just admitted to terrible time management
by JoeMcLaughlin  (2017-07-15 13:49:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How do you go an entire season as head coach without at least auditing weight room achievement.
Can he save it? He could, but the question is will his attitude allow him a conversion. I don't believe he likes the ND environment. He certainly has football success credentials, but if you don't like where you are, attempts to be successful is like pulling and holding a compass needle off true north. That task takes all of your time.

Love of what ND is needs to come naturally; like it did with Lou, Ara, Frank Leahy and many others. So Far Brian Kelly has not shown it.

Taking a time out before punting against MSU last year
by tdiddy07  (2017-07-16 13:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was as sufficient an admission as any other. Like that time we had to take a time out on the first play of the season to avoid a delay of game penalty. Technically, the time we had the wrong number of people on the field for the first play of the game isn't time management.

Wrong kind of time management
by ndtnguy  (2017-07-17 09:27:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We already knew---by Kelly probably did not---that he can't manage game time.

Now we know he can't manage his personal time on the other six days of the week.

He has experienced success.
by BIG MAC  (2017-07-15 14:28:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He just hasn't sustained it.

He's exactly who I thought he was.
by CAFB4ND  (2017-07-15 13:44:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A clueless asshole. Although in fairness to assholes, they serve a defined purpose. It's disgusting work but serves a purpose. As far as I can see this clueless fuckwad serves no useful purpose. He's a glorified, overpaid, fuckwad of an OC. And he's a shitty one.

F him. That's a significantly different tone than the one
by cj  (2017-07-15 13:36:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he regularly deployed post game at players. Sure there was the occasional perfunctory on me hc bs, but then the direction would often change...

Pre rant he describes poor execution "I like what we called".... "We did a poor job executing"

Agree CJ..s/h/s...made crappy play calls, players were ready *
by caber  (2017-07-15 14:49:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He should have said, "I lost the team because I am an
by cj  (2017-07-15 14:51:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

insufferable and incompetent assh***."

Better late than never???
by BIG MAC  (2017-07-15 14:33:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure, but better never late. A multimillion salary dictates that your mistakes are rare, limited, and rapidly corrected.

Rookie management mistakes...
by Kayo  (2017-07-15 13:13:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...by a guy who regularly touts his years of experience.

BK isn't responsible for anything.....
by Wolfetone  (2017-07-15 12:58:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's remarkable how irresponsible a head coach can be,fail time and
again,have a team placed on probation,and receive a long extension.
What a putrid President,AD,BOT,and BOF Notre Dame must have.

Haven't we heard Kelly was stepping away from playcalling
by NW Ohio Irish  (2017-07-15 12:56:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before?

Yes, waiting to see if he actually means it this time.
by BIG MAC  (2017-07-15 14:36:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am skeptical.

When I hear "power lifting" I think of bench, squat, and
by jt  (2017-07-15 12:10:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

deadlift.

SEE, are you trying to lead me to believe that Notre Dame did not perform bench press, squats, or deadlifts the past few years, and it is all Van Gorder's fault? That (and that alone) pretty much led to deficiencies in the strength and conditioning program?

What did they do instead of bench press, squats, and dead lifts?

BVG wanted less bulk to combat spread attacks. The whole
by SEE  (2017-07-15 14:21:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

S&C program was modified. Not sure on specific lifts, Longo didn't really get it nor want it.

But hey, we did drop DL into coverage a lot

find it hard to believe we didn't do bench or squats
by jt  (2017-07-15 15:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but hey, whatever.

You tweeted Pete Sampson? As, per usual, no one
by SEE  (2017-07-15 18:33:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

said anything about not doing bench or squats.

What's your twitter handle?

No, I didn't actually. Not sure what you're talking about *
by jt  (2017-07-15 20:02:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be hilarious, though *
by NavyJoe  (2017-07-15 15:55:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

deadlifts I can kind of see
by jt  (2017-07-15 15:58:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there has been a movement away from the Olympic lifting.

But no bench or squats? Very hard to believe. It's another way of Kelly saying UM was +2 in the box in 2013; of course they weren't, but he thinks guys like Prister, Driskell, and the like are too dumb to know.

Deadlifts are in the olympic lifting category? *
by hawser  (2017-07-15 21:37:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

eh, I always kind of think of them as that type of lift
by jt  (2017-07-16 00:26:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can see where many wouldn't, however. It was part of our program way back in the day and we would lump it in with the other lifts that are clearly olympic lifts.

The S/C program at my son's school now still does the same thing.

They share the hip hinge motion
by hawser  (2017-07-16 00:44:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but the power output and how one would program it are not very similar at all. It's closer to a good morning than a snatch or clean in that respect. Very few olympic lifters even deadlift heavy. A couple of Russians are all that I can think of - Klokov and Koklyaev are ones that come to mind.

I don't know what the best mix for a football team is. I did bigger stronger faster in high school and had a former Minnesota Gopher S&C coach in college who was all in on olympic lifting and a half hour of dynamic warmups every session. I don't really care for either.

Thanks for the reply, and I hope this didn't come off as persnickety.

Yeah, I don't know the right mix either
by jt  (2017-07-16 01:19:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we did bigger/stronger/faster in high school (early 90s) and then in college everyone was copying Nebraska at the time and they were big on the Olympic lifts. Right now my son is doing a mix of all of it, including cleans and some other Olympic stuff and I'm not sure if it is good or not; the guy they use at his school has made his name working with some big name guys (Christian McCaffery being the main one) but you don't know if those guys would have been great even without him or if what he is doing is the most effective even for those athletes.

I guess what I was getting at to begin with is that people throw around terms like "power lifting" and blame certain aspects (Longo, BVG, lack of secret sauce) really as a way of making excuses for Kelly all the while giving themselves cover if Kelly really ends up sucking. It's complete crap and it is the same nonsense as "+2 in the box" against Michigan in '13 or the "how can you expect Tuitt to not be overweight? He pulled his groin" nonsense that the same cast of characters completely lap up. I don't know if we're doing power lifting now and were doing crossfit before, I don't know what the ideal mix is, I just know that Kelly has been a complete fuck up pretty much for 8 years and making excuses for him and swallowing his bullshit lines gets people nowhere.

Aha, I'm with you
by hawser  (2017-07-16 01:47:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't mean to defend Kelly, he is responsible for this incompetent bullshit. Thanks again for the reply.

Then BVG should have recruited for that.
by irish2x  (2017-07-15 15:23:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's stunning, actually it used to be stunning, the various avenues of stupidity this program seems comfortable taking.

It wouldn't have worked anyway. His entire philosophy
by SEE  (2017-07-15 20:37:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was backward

clearly it was all his fault *
by jt  (2017-07-16 00:19:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

do not fall victim to the secret sauce mind tricks
by jt  (2017-07-15 15:59:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this is just another way of blaming the guys not here, it isn't actually true.

No one believed in the secret sauce as much as Ara
by SEE  (2017-07-15 20:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should read a bit

Ara wasn't a bullsh-t artist
by jt  (2017-07-16 00:17:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you should follow his lead.

So, "Ara had secret sauce too?" *
by tnirishfan  (2017-07-15 21:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ara and Lou were saucy *
by SEE  (2017-07-15 21:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They weren't putting sauce on horse crap
by tnirishfan  (2017-07-15 22:23:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and calling it a gourmet meal.

No, nor were they letting the program implode. *
by SEE  (2017-07-15 23:44:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was told that every player was given the same routine
by cj  (2017-07-15 13:43:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

with different weights. It's insane.

The trainer who authored Bisping's rise and works with tons of pros in various sports had this to say to Max Day 1, "Whoever was training you didn't know wtf they were doing."

He's out there on the leading edge and the reason top pros supplement their team's training with him...

I can't imagine any strength program that didn't use
by airborneirish  (2017-07-15 13:33:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

those three lifts. I'm going to go scream into a pillow now.

So after 27 centuries as a coach...
by 105Marquette  (2017-07-15 11:55:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...only now has he figured out that a HC is supposed to hire high quality assistants, provide them with guidance, allow them to do their jobs, and hold them accountable for results?

I can see Meyer shaking his head and laughing while reading this interview.

In other words, he can retire the "27 years of coaching"
by Bruno95  (2017-07-15 11:37:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

routine, because those 27 years didn't mean dick for coaching Notre Dame. This is too much for him.

What is this nonsense about things getting away from Kelly?
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-07-15 11:37:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's yet to put together back to back good seasons. We beat one f'ing ranked team in 14-15.

4-8 surely isn't nonsense - last year clearly broke
by SEE  (2017-07-15 13:12:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any previous pattern. In no way am I arguing that he had it all together previously, but there's no arguing that the damn broke.

eh, not really
by jt  (2017-07-15 13:20:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what happened is that this time the team just failed to bail him out in the 4th quarter of close games against inferior opponents.

The year prior the defense was basically just as unsound and it certainly was just as bad in 2014. Basically, you just cannot get lucky all the time. He and his staff has shown the same poor characteristics since he got here.

Don't see it that way. ND was the #1 1st quarter team in
by SEE  (2017-07-15 13:49:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The nation ( I believe in margin). They weren't mentally or physically strong. Apparently we had OL in the 270-280 range. They weren't going to bail anyone out. In prior years ND was a slow starting team and a good 4th quarter team

Longo worked for Kelly for Kelly's entire Division I career
by Bruno95  (2017-07-15 15:58:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope you're not under the impression that Longo is a suitable scapegoat for Kelly's failure at ND.

No, actually. Longo was the one who was told to do
by SEE  (2017-07-15 18:34:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

something he didn't know or believe in. Decisions driven by a coach who wanted an NFL defense (BVG) and an NFL job

Do you know what power lifting is?
by jt  (2017-07-15 20:03:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps we should start there.

Do you even lift?
by KevinG  (2017-07-18 13:01:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, just gives me a reason to post this

I keep forgetting that you fancy yourself an expert
by SEE  (2017-07-15 20:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and get hung up on such things. I know it makes you feel important.

Let me help you out. Lifting for power would have been the right phrasing. Think reps over the amount of weight on the bar. Think certain team members were weaker by most measures of strength that the NFL values because of this. Then extrapolate in your head what changes could cause this.

so I will take that as a "no" *
by jt  (2017-07-16 00:18:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Take it as a yes (this, like the safety issue is not a hard
by SEE  (2017-07-16 13:36:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

concept). You just stick on irrelevant point to... try to sound smart??? Then post a gazilliion times about it until the page is littered with jt.

The problem is that since you don't really know what
by jt  (2017-07-16 13:46:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you're talking about you sound like a guy that says Notre Dame didn't do bench press, squats, or dead lifts in the past year.

That's not an irrelevant point; you are clearly wrong. People need to SEE that and understand so that they know when they SEE a post by you that they can just go ahead and disregard it; "oh, there's SEE again, let's SEE what bullshit he's spouting now. Oh good Lord."

You're just always in such a hurry to be an excuse maker and point the blame everywhere except where it belongs that it is nice to show how wrong you are.

No, I don't care. Power Lifting is not some unique concept
by SEE  (2017-07-18 18:03:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't care if certain people are hung up on power lifting or lifting for power... that's your odd issue. I don't think most are burdened as you are to post a gazillion times and win trivial points.

You are the trivial man

kelly has been given every "superficial" stadium toy
by cj  (2017-07-15 16:46:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he has ever asked for.... He/others have also been allowed to remove traditions that were emblematic of the program.
We have an AD who implores all that will listen to create new traditions. "Yay, we lost again. let's go get a case of coke, some Doritos and play Parcheesi."

"I'm being Brian Kelly, so if people have a problem with
that, then they're not going to be friends or fans of Notre Dame football," Kelly said in mid-October."

of course you don't *
by jt  (2017-07-15 15:52:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're blaming the guys who are gone.
by Bruno95  (2017-07-15 11:45:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"It got away from Kelly" means "it was Longo and BVG's fault." It's spin. It's bullshit.

At this point, though, what is he supposed to say?.....
by Marine Domer  (2017-07-15 12:52:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Short of "you know what? I'm just not that good of a head coach, so I am resigning" there isn't much he can say that is going to satisfy a disillusioned fan base, of which I'm a member. At least he's finally taking some responsibility, not that it really matters much. I would, however, very much like to hear him come out and say "Most of all I failed in how I treated the players. There were times last year and in the past...far too many times, when I let my frustrations in my own failings lead me to blame the players. That was inexcusable, and unacceptable. To all of my players, past and present, I apologize. I was wrong. I failed you. All I can do now is try to do better. If you see me failing at that again, I hope you will call me on it, publicly or privately."

"Not in so many words, those are the PERFECT words!" *
by Camarillo Brillo  (2017-07-15 17:02:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"We are all out of cornflakes. FU." *
by Bill Hickey  (2017-07-15 17:21:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's spin, it's bullsh-t, it's secret sauce *
by jt  (2017-07-15 12:11:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's actually saying the team was sauceless. The changes
by SEE  (2017-07-15 14:49:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are saucy(or supposed to be)

you miss the point
by jt  (2017-07-15 15:57:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the whole idea behind secret sauce is bullshit and people that try and use such analogies don't know and don't know that they don't know.

In short, you're getting played.

The Peter Principle personified. He'll figure it all out in
by Moff  (2017-07-15 11:21:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

about year 33 of his amazing GVSU-heavy coaching career. 17 straight years there. I wonder why.

It looks like they have only one mini-appendage strapped to
by SWPaDem  (2017-07-15 11:46:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

their stadium and one disassociated one. Boy, are we lucky!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.