I didn't know that Ben Zajeski Sr was all-state in HS...
by Scoop80 (2017-07-14 20:56:16)
Edited on 2017-07-14 21:04:52
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: off the front page *  posted by olson

I knew that he played at ND, as I went to grade school w/ Ben Zajeski, Jr. As I previously noted, I grew up w/ the sons of Dick Dytrych and Bill Harty (Keebler Elves inventor), too. Quite an ND parish we had, in hindsight.

An uncle (who's still alive) knew George Connor fairly well--said uncle played w/ Jack Connor at De La Salle.

I saw Stan Bobowksi play against my HS (Marist) his senior year at St. Viator. Viator's was ranked #1 in state at time.

Scott Zettek was in '76 frosh class (my class). He sold his green jersey for $50 after '77 USC game. New green jersies weren't delivered in time for Navy game following week, so he had to go back to buyer and retrieve his jersey for Navy game.

Pete Grogan lived in my section my sr. year @ ND.

Thanks for this stroll down memory lane.

EDIT: It's interesting to note that Butkus, Staubach, and Griese all had negative recruiting experiences during Kuharich's tenure.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.