I don't understand
by HTownND (2017-07-14 09:47:27)
Edited on 2017-07-14 11:22:59
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Of all the recurring shit posts on the board  posted by Crazychester

How the same people who try to tell me the CFB landscape has changed, but also celebrate how close we were just 5 years ago.

Pick an argument.

Either 2012 wasn't an aberration and with a few tweaks and assistant changes, Kelly can get us back there and actually win the 2 playoff games versus getting pantsed.

OR

Excellence is no longer an option and we need to re-calibrate downward to expect/hope for pretty good.

I don't care which one you choose, but please, pick one and be consistent about it.

This isn't directed at you specifically, but I have a hard time squaring that circle when it comes to the argument that I need to change/re-calibrate my expectations for ND football, but then I'm also told how awesome we were in 2012 and how close we were, which is evidence that we can win under this leadership. I continue to struggle with those disparate thoughts.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.