It's not just Swarbrick/Kelly
by chicagond99 (2017-07-13 20:13:31)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: You want to be mad at Kelly.  posted by Cash

Look ... the Swarbrick/Kelly regime isn't all that great. I understand that. So I'm not defending them here. But at some point, ND fans need to wake up and realize that Notre Dame hasn't been where NDNation wants it to be for years (and well before this duo). And it's looking more ans more like we'll never truly "Return to Glory".

From 1981 on (which is probably even before when many on this board were old enough to really watch college football), there have been 36 ND football seasons. ND has finished in the top 10 of the AP 8 times (7 times in the Coaches Poll). We've only had 5 top 5 finishes. I've seen numerous times people on this board complaining about 2 loss seasons not being "great". Well, we have only had 5 seasons of 2 losses or less in that stretch. We've had another 10 3 loss seasons. We've had 18 5+ loss seasons in that stretch! We have finished the season unranked more than ranked in that stretch.

I don't have the time to do the research, but I'd love to know where we fall on top 10/10 win seasons/<=3 loss seasons/seasons finished ranked over this long, 36 year span. I'm guessing it's not that high. At some point we need to remember that great Bill Parcells quote and realize "You are what your record says you are".

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.