The phrasing is even way off
by pmcdnd96 (2017-04-21 10:38:09)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Wow, Saban has a lot to learn from BK regarding pressers  posted by Frank Drebin

Coaches are supposed to have a big preamble to their actual answers, including plenty of "relative to"s, reference to the number of years they've been coaching, and pointing out that their comments are obvious.

Should have been more like this:
"Obviously, If you had asked me if that team makes it to the championship game reltaive to the college football season as a whole in September, I would have said probably not because of the quarterback (Jalen Hurts) being a true freshman relative to his years of eligibility to play football while a student at the University of Alabama," Saban said. "But after we got there, obviously I felt, based on my 23 years as a head football coach, like if we had played to our strengths as a team relative to the offensive, defensive, and special teams aspects of the game of football, we would win . But we didn't play to our strengths, and that's my fault relative to how the players so horribly underperformed in their execution of the brilliant plan I had put together for them. That's the part that's hard to get over.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.