New visitor's tunnel (link)
by BigNDfan (2017-04-19 21:44:36)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

all in all just another f'ing hole in the wall.
by mkovac  (2017-04-20 17:39:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice job ND: rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Are there actually people who get excited about this? *
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-04-20 13:44:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excited?? No. Interested in seeing it? Sure
by endthecursein05  (2017-04-20 13:50:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which I have now done. All good

Besides Mark Cross, obviously. *
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-04-20 13:46:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't this in the middle of the Band seating area? *
by The_Phoenix  (2017-04-20 12:57:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The band is moving back into the stands
by HTownND  (2017-04-20 13:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Presumably to make the new IG look taller

Think how much money they will save when they don't
by Moff  (2017-04-20 15:20:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

have to have Vivid sell those seats for them.

I'm thinking they'll start charging the band for their seats
by The_Phoenix  (2017-04-21 12:02:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Additional revenue stream: charge the cheerleaders, too!

Was Temple Grandin used as a design consultant? *
by IAND75  (2017-04-20 12:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice
by Hipster  (2017-04-22 14:01:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

perhaps a serpentine pattern to the stadium ramps so the fans will be calmer before reaching the inevitable.

It would be more humane.

It's a concrete passageway
by ndtnguy  (2017-04-20 11:53:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What exactly is there to see here that is worth looking at?

There's no room for fire extinguishers *
by SEE  (2017-04-20 11:17:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK's new master stroke--pink smoke from the visitor tunnel
by LateNiteNaugles  (2017-04-20 14:16:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A new, more NOW twist on the old psychological ploy to make our rivals more passive.

The bookstore, in conjunction with Team Notre Dame Corporate Partner UnderArmour, is already hard at work on the new t-shirt designs.

No opportunity for fighting. *Moff approves this post *
by NJDoubleDomer  (2017-04-20 11:58:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yup. But no opportunity for The Band *
by Moff  (2017-04-20 12:25:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe someday, saner heads will prevail at ND.
by SWPaDem  (2017-04-20 12:36:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then we could start storing nuclear waste in the visitor's tunnel. Who needs Yucca Mountain?

Spill way for mock sea battles. *
by Moff  (2017-04-20 12:53:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OT Why wasn't the locker room preserved as a historic site? *
by cj  (2017-04-20 12:56:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really have to scan and post the drawing of the Dome from
by Moff  (2017-04-20 14:29:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the 60's. It was a proposal to knock down the entire admin building as outdated and unsafe except for leaving only the Dome standing on top of a structural support tower. (If you think it looks phallic now....) I am sure it was the brainchild of the great visionaries of the day, and those that opposed it were just angry old men afraid of change. (See also the spiral monstrosity of a new church they were going to build behind the Library, complete with a few more tower dorms that were later deemed a mistake).

It is in Thomas J. Schlereth's book, the University of Notre Dame, Portrait of Its History and Campus, which I used to read all the time as a middle schooler. (I used to be able to blow people's minds when they would ask for directions on campus from a fifth grader and give a brief tour)

As for the lockerroom, we have a football program run by people who have no idea why they suck, so we will keep changing everything about this place which is obviously the cause of their failures. But don't worry, "the kids love it" just as much as the dozens of other changes that were certain to improve the program and bring in the great recruits. 4-8.

Thanks for this... What do you think Coughlin would do
by cj  (2017-04-20 15:08:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to the Gug...other b.s. distractions....

As I have said before, I would go so Spartan on this staff and team that they wouldn't know what end was up....
Heading to Culver Academy? Start walking...

"Coughlin, the Jaguars’ new front office boss, has always demanded a businesslike approach on his teams, and so it’s no surprise that players confirmed today that the ping pong table that had long been in their locker room has been removed.

This is nothing new for Coughlin. One of the first things Coughlin became head coach of the Giants in 2004, one of his first moves was removing the ping pong tables from their locker room. It may seem trivial, but Coughlin’s way won two Super Bowls with the Giants, and he’s been hired in Jacksonville to bring the same approach. Even if life in the locker room isn’t as fun."

When you think that we used to have guys like *
by Moff  (2017-04-20 15:11:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They would take DaVinci's "Last Supper" and add KFC
by cj  (2017-04-20 15:17:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

buckets and Bud Light to it if they thought they could make a buck....

Real visionaries embrace history and honor it
by NJDoubleDomer  (2017-04-20 14:53:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look what the Truman administration did for the White House...the building was gutted, rebuilt with a complete sense for history. The same was true of the Main Building. Back in my day, the upper floors were closed as they were unsafe. Now, the building is beautiful because people were wise enough to know what we had and to make those bricks sing. Sadly, nobody thought that way for the Stadium.

Ken Dye proof. Perfect. *
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-04-20 11:20:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The passive bragging about the mythical sellout
by ND44  (2017-04-20 10:40:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is just what I would expect from these folks.

"What will visiting team see before entering Notre Dame Stadium for 256th straight sellout?"

Fucking tone deaf.

The response should be
by BmoreIrish  (2017-04-20 11:00:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There will be way more sellouts in the stadium than that!

And the videoboard
by ND44  (2017-04-20 10:36:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course it looks to be off-center.

And out of focus *
by fatguyinalittlecoat  (2017-04-20 11:42:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it was just the angle of the camera *
by celtic745  (2017-04-20 10:57:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What relation is Mark to Andy I wonder?
by The Holtz Room  (2017-04-19 22:11:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid Counselor.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.