Practice Highlights
by SEE (2017-04-19 14:56:01)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Can it be true? Was the QB under center for running plays? *
by jbrown_9999  (2017-04-19 21:24:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just decoy plays to throw off the Spring Game defense *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2017-04-20 09:34:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That lone back behind the quarterback makes me sick
by thethinman  (2017-04-19 20:04:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why is Kelly so opposed to a fullback halfback tandem in the backfield. The advantages of having a blocking back who doubles as a power fullback are obvious. Not to mention that it does keep the defense from keying on just one back. This coach makes me sick.

The starting wide receivers:
by SEE  (2017-04-19 23:54:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least today.

6'4" 225 Boykin
6'5" 225 Claypool
6'5" 205 ESB

I can live with a trips like that.

How many Power 5 teams use fullbacks?
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 20:33:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Odd thing to pin on Kelly. They're an endangered species.

Oh and by the way, they used 2 back sets and TEs as fullbacks in the red zone today.

Top video - 1:30 mark
by dvpgm  (2017-04-19 15:49:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tackling... ohhhh boy.

There's a method to the madness. Okay, lie on your backs,
by cj  (2017-04-19 17:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

make believe you are sleeping and then pop up when you hear the whistle. That's going to teach the defender how to seek out his opponent after being knocked on his ass. Is it starting to make sense...?

I was hoping one of our corners would be wise enough to say, "this is a trick drill. Once he's down with the ball he can't get back up."

I am guessing that we will set an NCAA record for yards gained after the play is over this year.

That's basically the oldest tackling drill around
by oneill3b  (2017-04-19 22:07:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And from seeing how the defenders did in it, it's clear they need to keep doing it. I'm glad they are practicing tackling so that they might actually get better at it.

They should play steal the bacon instead. *
by cj  (2017-04-19 22:55:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also in that top video 2:45 mark
by randalgraves  (2017-04-19 17:23:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've always been told that the WR dropping his head out of a break was a bad thing (ie its a "tell" to the DB that the WR is going to break off his route). Seems like the drill/bar encourages this behavior. Am I wrong on this teaching of route running?

Tackling looks to be in mid-season form. *
by Jurassic  (2017-04-19 15:48:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The whiff rate was about 75%, so right on track. *
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-04-19 20:32:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shotgun snapping also.
by SorinBasement  (2017-04-19 16:38:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The head coach won't notice until it costs us a game and he can publicly blame someone other than himself.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.