I have posted about this here before.
by buffaloirish (2017-04-19 13:18:59)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Another Sea of Red in the making?  posted by TWO

Yes, ND ticket holders -- including season ticket holders -- will now be able to sell their tickets above face value without worrying about jeopardizing their ticket rights. (See link on how to sell via Vivid Seats.) Vivid is simply a marketplace. You can put your tickets on there and price them however you want.

I live and work in Atlanta. I cannot tell you how many Georgia fans and alumni have approached me about acquiring tickets. There is huge pent-up demand from UGA: they almost never travel out of the region for games, and there is a loyal and large following. Having never played in South Bend before adds to the uniqueness and demand for the event.

Although it is anecdotal, my friends and colleagues are willing to pay well over two hundred dollars per ticket. They view it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Add to this their excitement about a pair of great runners and a promising young quarterback and the second year of a new coach. The fact that ND alumni and fans are firmly in wait-and-see mode (or worse) with respect to the current direction of the ND program, coupled with the now unfettered ability to scalp tickets, and I think this will be worse than the Nebraska debacle.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.