Another Sea of Red in the making?
by TWO (2017-04-19 12:03:52)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Similar to the Nebraska game when Davie was here. At least according to this article on DawgNation. I don't know why but I always thought visitors got 5K of tickets. But someone told me that USC gets more than 10K. I'm not sure where those extra tickets come from though. But one thing for sure given the unhappiness with the program, with Kelly, with Swarbrick, with Jenkins, etc I won't be surprised if UGA fans are willing to put up the CASH that they will find many willing Irish fans ready to sell their tickets.

I’m not saying there’s no way to get anything in the way of a hotel in South Bend in September, but the hotels here have all been sold out since December, I’m told.

Of course, first Georgia fans have to get tickets, and the ticket priority breakdown hasn’t been released yet as I understand it. The Bulldogs will receive 10,000 tickets from Notre Dame. But based on the buzz and feedback I’ve been getting from Georgia fans, it sounds like more like 40,000 are planning to come that second weekend in September.

Many UGA fans are staying in Chicago, which is about 95 miles away and a two-hour-plus commute. DawgNation.com has some activities planned in Chicago that weekend as well and has already sold out one bus for a tailgate promotion the day of the game. The Chicago Cubs are in town that particular weekend and many such promotions are being organized. So be in the lookout for those.

But if you’re coming, be sure to carve out some time to take in South Bend and the Notre Dame campus. It truly is a sight to behold.

The rest of the article is complimentary of Notre Dame and the campus.

My usual four are up for grabs. *
by Moff  (2017-04-19 17:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Done!
by gadomer  (2017-04-19 20:42:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You sure you don't want to hang out with Coley O'Brien that weekend?

I'll play it by ear. I may do the pregame festivities with
by Moff  (2017-04-19 20:55:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you and Lou and Coley and then duck out.

No problem
by gadomer  (2017-04-19 23:17:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you are always welcome. You don't just "talk the talk"; you actually "walk the walk". It is always a treat to hang out with you.

I have some local Domers (one you know) who are looking for seats. I will use my contacts to fill their orders.

Everything I needed to know I learned from *
by Moff  (2017-04-19 23:58:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The guy became a US Senator.
by SWPaDem  (2017-04-20 10:17:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What some might call futile and stupid, others call it character building.

I've got some Georgia alumni I'd be happy to buy them for.
by tdiddy07  (2017-04-19 19:53:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And then sell them to them at face value or less.

USC gets 15K tickets...
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 16:09:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's something that they worked out with ND.

It just means fewer tickets in the various ticket pools for that game.

I wonder if that will change after the capacity reduction. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-19 20:57:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I suspect their band will now cut into that allotment. *
by RocketShark  (2017-04-19 17:41:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will the visiting band get seats now too?
by shea  (2017-04-19 21:14:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND Band is moving because of the new visitors' tunnel, but there's no rule that says the bands have to have equal accommodations. Michigan and MSU would have their bands sit in the student section while ours would be on the field level.

They'll still be on the field. *
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 21:30:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you sure? *
by RocketShark  (2017-04-20 07:32:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a shame, had this one down with ATL friends...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-04-19 15:38:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thankfully this program has been decomposing for quite some time, so I could provide years notice I wanted nothing to do with this stench.

Have at it UGA fans.

UGA is another team with high expectations every September
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2017-04-19 15:12:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Then reality drags the program back to earth.

First UGA game north of Mason Dixon line since 1965 *
by choanser  (2017-04-19 15:06:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have posted about this here before.
by buffaloirish  (2017-04-19 13:18:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, ND ticket holders -- including season ticket holders -- will now be able to sell their tickets above face value without worrying about jeopardizing their ticket rights. (See link on how to sell via Vivid Seats.) Vivid is simply a marketplace. You can put your tickets on there and price them however you want.

I live and work in Atlanta. I cannot tell you how many Georgia fans and alumni have approached me about acquiring tickets. There is huge pent-up demand from UGA: they almost never travel out of the region for games, and there is a loyal and large following. Having never played in South Bend before adds to the uniqueness and demand for the event.

Although it is anecdotal, my friends and colleagues are willing to pay well over two hundred dollars per ticket. They view it as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Add to this their excitement about a pair of great runners and a promising young quarterback and the second year of a new coach. The fact that ND alumni and fans are firmly in wait-and-see mode (or worse) with respect to the current direction of the ND program, coupled with the now unfettered ability to scalp tickets, and I think this will be worse than the Nebraska debacle.

Will Notre Dame ticket holders be able to sell over face?
by SWPaDem  (2017-04-19 13:07:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or is only VividSeats allowed to do that?

Is that 10,000 number accurate?
by bluengold07  (2017-04-19 12:59:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it is, I have no idea why they would give UGA a head start in invading our stadium.

As I understand it, we give USC 10,000 and everyone else 5,000. SC gets more because they give ND more. I don't recall us giving more than 5,000 to any of our other recent, big name opponents (Texas, OU, Penn State), so I have no clue why they would give Georgia more.

That notwithstanding, it will be a sea of red. UGA has played road gives at Colorado and Arizona State over the past ten years and they have had a massive crowd there. This game is bigger than those two easily.

USC gets 15k. *
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 16:11:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They're giving Georgia more tickets because
by SorinBasement  (2017-04-19 14:11:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they have more tickets to give them. Demand is down among the ND faithful, and the administration would rather create a hostile crowd than miss an opportunity to make a few bucks.

I hope that's tongue in cheek
by exquisite_corpse  (2017-04-19 14:28:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The lottery demand for this game will be the largest of all the 2017 games. They will have no problem filling the stadium at full price to ND fans.

I'd agree with your first sentence.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-04-19 16:15:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not so sure about the second.

Speaking for our alumni club, we offered 50 tickets to the Georgia game in a Dutch Auction. We received 33 bids. The clearing price was the minimum required bid of $1 over face.

Do you have any tickets left over?
by sluredandstumbly (click here to email the poster)  (2017-04-19 17:30:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm with the Atlanta club - maybe we can work out a deal. Email above.

We'll see, I guess.
by buffaloirish  (2017-04-19 15:05:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I think you are wrong. I think ND alumni will indeed request that ticket, but I think more than ever before will turn around and sell them via Vivid seats or other secondary markets.

Well of course.
by someguy  (2017-04-19 14:16:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why would you expect ND to betray it$ primary mi$$ion?

Pretty sure we gave Texas 10k
by HTownND  (2017-04-19 13:03:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think it depends, but for the bigger teams that are one offs, I think they play ball a bit more because it's a bigger draw, because of the frequency aspect.

It doesn't make sense to give Michigan 10k seats, because they'll be back in 2 years. But Georgia may not make it back to South Bend for another generation (see 20 years between Texas/ND home and homes). That sort of infrequency seems to drive the larger allotments (both ways)

Pretty sure Texas only got 5,000 *
by bluengold07  (2017-04-19 13:07:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This time, it might not be such a bad thing
by Irishlawyer  (2017-04-19 12:54:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a little public embarrassment on NBC might go a long way.

No, it won't.
by wearendhockey  (2017-04-19 15:08:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame doesn't care. The stadium could have 40,000 opposing fans in it and Notre Dame would spin it as how welcoming they are. The stadium could have 15,000 empty seats and Notre Dame would spin it as how there are many teams and sports that are struggling to sell out, anybody see a NASCAR race recently. Thinking that the next embarrassing situation -- no matter what it might be -- will change Notre Dame's approach sounds like all of the people who thought certainly that Donald Trump's NEXT controversial statement would sink him. I'm not bringing politics into this, just making what I believe to be an applicable comparison. There were enough embarrassing situations 10 or 15 years ago for Notre Dame to recognize a change in thinking was needed and they did not change. The "Notre Dame football" thing we all loved is dead and gone. It isn't coming back.

Agreed. ND doesn't care who buys the tix as long as
by The_Phoenix  (2017-04-19 21:06:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they sell them.

Once Georgia fans stop coming, then they'll take notice. But by then, it will have been too late for a generation.

Plus for the first time ND will get a cut of resale on Vivid
by yodadame  (2017-04-19 23:54:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On top of gouging the faithful at record prices for a sure sellout.

ND will consider this a raging success.

Tulsa, South Florida, and Northwestern weren't enough? *
by graNDfan  (2017-04-19 13:23:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nobody was watching those games *
by dakotadomer  (2017-04-20 07:00:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Add UConn, for good measure *
by Exit 77  (2017-04-19 14:32:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently not. But Kirby Smart once again undressing
by cujays96  (2017-04-19 14:27:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BK's offense might just be the catalyst we need.

We appear immune to embarrassment.
by IrishJosh24  (2017-04-19 12:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On NBC or not.

Edit to add: By "we," I mean the people in charge of Notre Dame (e.g. Jack Swarbrick, Fr. Jenkins, the Board, etc.).

I was going to say, to be embarrassed
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-04-19 14:13:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they'd have to give a shit in the first place.

Truly...Having been placed on probation one would think....
by Wolfetone  (2017-04-19 13:30:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That the major players would have been unloaded....Shameful....

Can't blame ND fans for selling their tickets
by garbageplate  (2017-04-19 12:48:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just passing on the inflated costs to another consumer.

At least the second group of buyers will see their team win
by IrishJosh24  (2017-04-19 12:51:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At "historic" Notre Dame Stadium, no less!

I mean, I guess it's still in there somewhere.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.