This should help recruiting
by ryND (2017-04-19 11:45:38)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

“My original plan was to never de-commit because I thought that was bad,” Werner says. “But I say some things I will not do and I wind up doing them.”

‘There’s a lot of life left after football’

Werner visited Notre Dame three times in the first seven weeks of the 2016 season, but it wasn’t the start of the Fighting Irish’s disappointing 4-8 campaign that soured him on a future in South Bend. Rather, he said, it was the negative energy that emanated from the program’s players during his visits that caused him to consider looking elsewhere.

“I was on a visit and stayed with the players and they didn’t have good things to say about the program,” he said. “I’m a freshman and they’re juniors and seniors. Going into a program, am I going to go there for four years and not like what I’m doing?”

https://www.landof10.com/ohio-state/pete-werner-ohio-state-profile-2017

He probably doesn't realize there's a jumbotron coming! *
by The_Phoenix  (2017-04-19 21:08:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As will this, but wait, it's all better now
by Flanner_11B  (2017-04-19 16:38:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if this had anything to do with our unsuccessful attempt versus Stanford to recruit Osiris?

St. Brown caught one pass as a 2015 freshman before undergoing shoulder surgery in mid-November — and then last year snared 58 passes for 961 yards (16.6 yards per catch) and nine TDs, while not playing in a bowl like Tate and Fuller did.

Yet St. Brown’s father privately questioned and was disappointed at what was going on with the strength and conditioning program — a topic he is an expert on — at Notre Dame. He was disturbed how after his son’s freshman season, when he did his own testing on him, Equanimeous had lost, per his calculations, 60 percent of his lower-body strength.

this will be ignored by all the homers
by jt  (2017-04-19 15:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until Kelly is fired and then they will have all seen it coming for years.

Obviously, these issues have all been solved this offseason. *
by hollownd  (2017-04-19 15:40:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah. Run those malcontents 'til they puke.
by yodadame  (2017-04-20 00:00:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That'll boost morale.

That's what our beat reporters say after all. *
by Saxattack29  (2017-04-19 16:35:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Already has been on other boards just chalking it up to
by ryND  (2017-04-19 15:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sour grapes. In 2015 ND was poaching players and people wanted in!.

The Kelly defending is amazing.

ND 'fans' can be really pathetic
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-04-19 15:10:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've read on some of the boards today how ND must have had some players that were "cancer" in the locker room.

No mention that Kelly is the main culprit.
It makes me ill.

I hope they go 0-12 this season. That is what the BOT,Jenkins,Swarbrick, Kelly and all the asshole ND fans deserve.

Fuck them all.

You should take up drinking. *
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 16:15:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kool Aid by the gallon perhaps? *
by 2ndstreeter  (2017-04-19 20:50:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you should take a long walk off a short pier *
by jt  (2017-04-19 16:30:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should take up drinking too. *
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-19 17:48:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will start if you promise to take that long walk *
by jt  (2017-04-20 01:21:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now that Lent is over I have. You know what?
by BottleofRed  (2017-04-19 19:45:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The football program is still a damn mess.

I continue to be amazed that anyone will commit to ND.
by Grace91  (2017-04-19 14:14:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I understand the draw of the educational opportunity, but for a highly rated recruit with NFL potential and aspirations, Notre Dame is the wrong choice. The level of instruction that they receive for their desired immediate career is such that it cannot even be called mediocre.

Best LB prospect we had *
by SEE  (2017-04-19 13:57:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What else would you expect him to say?
by NDMike2001  (2017-04-19 13:48:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently he didn't notice the negative energy when he gave his commitment after the 2015 season. But watching the team underachieve to 4-8 is most certainly going to produce negative vibes. And it's not like he flipped in a lateral move. He went to a program and coach with a better track record of success.

I'm more concerned when we lose the Anthony Barrs of the world or players in a position of critical need to schools that Notre Dame shouldn't be competing with to land recruits.

Cheerios and sideline dancing will fix this rupture.
by cj  (2017-04-19 13:19:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My worry right now is that kelly may be exceeding NCAA limits by initiating contact with players over breakfast.

He is really stupid.

Countable:

"Athletic meetings with a coach initiated or required by a coach"

"There's a lot of life left after football" ....
by CJC  (2017-04-19 12:22:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we're losing that recruiting battle not to Stanford, not to Northwestern, not to Duke, but to The-Ohio-Freaking-State-University?

It is mind-boggling to think of the laughing stock this once-proud program has become, in every way.

And it's even more mind-boggling to think that the only people who don't realize it are Swarbrick, Jenkins and the BOT.

I'm more interested
by HTownND  (2017-04-19 12:50:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In how comments like these are viewed through the prism of the fractious fanbase.

Some will be quick to dismiss the comments because it doesn't fit their narrative. Some will embrace them.

At some point (hopefully soon) people from all sides, will look in the mirror and realize that no matter what "side" you are on, the fact that we are so fractioned, so dispersed and grouped into "camps" is a symptom of the much larger problem with Notre Dame.

This isn't about irrational fans and expectations, this is a symptom of a much larger problem with ND.

And what would that "larger problem" be?
by IrishGeek  (2017-04-19 14:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If as you say, the divided nature of the fans is a symptom?

The Notre Dame admin
by HTownND  (2017-04-19 14:25:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

By virtue of not having a clearly articulated and universal goal for the football program, manifest in how they prioritize and pimp history/nostalgia/tradition, have created a situation where fans all have wildly varying degrees of expectations, desires, etc.

I don't blame people who have a different bar than I do. I blame Notre Dame for not only allowing that bar to be changed, but for doing everything they can to foster that segmenting of the fan base.

Because no one at Notre Dame can clearly articulate what the universal goals of our football team are, the fans have filled the vacuum with their own expectations and goals. I believe that has been done on purpose by ND (if you don't articulate clear goals, no one can hold you accountable when you fall short. Look at last year, no one says it's a good year, it was bad...But look over here at X,Y,Z. The team likes coming to practice, all is well)

Swarbrick needs to set this clown straight.
by ugoirish  (2017-04-19 12:07:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Werner has been badly misinformed and Swarbrick needs to let him know how much the team loves Kelly and the program.

"No matter how difficult this season was, this team led by James (Onwualu) and others, demonstrated a bond and an approach to the game, enthusiasm, willingness to practice and a relationship with the coaches that is what you want to see in a program."

Even Phil Jackson came out of his hole to deliver a
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-04-19 12:20:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

post mortem on the Knicks season. When was the last time Jack made himself available to an assembled group of media? Where are the columns from the media calling him and/or his superiors out for the lack of accountability? With Jack unwilling to speak what efforts have been made by the media to find respected voices to weigh in on the decision to retain Kelly?

Maybe Swarbrick will make an appearance this weekend. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-19 13:33:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But what about the "willingness to practice"? *
by KevinG  (2017-04-19 11:54:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just a "vocal minority", I'm sure
by meatwhistle  (2017-04-19 11:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chortle, harumpf.

Jack has been around a lot more elite coaches than this kid
by Brahms  (2017-04-19 13:09:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or, anyone on the team for that matter.

Hell, the guys on the team haven't been around an elite coach in one, two, sometimes even three years or more.

So, everyone just needs to tap the breaks a little bit.

Not true. They have been around some very good/elite coaches
by jbrown_9999  (2017-04-19 21:35:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have just been on the other sideline.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.