looks like Alex Anzalone is going to be drafted in 3rd round
by irishrock (2017-04-16 23:44:50)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Have to wonder if Kelly doesn't have a dalliance if he stays and Irish commit.

Also have to wonder how bad BVG and BK's scheme would have ruined him as a player and he'd be hoping to be an UFA

1st victim of Kelly's NFL fancy (link)
by SEE  (2017-04-17 04:30:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More Irish: Likely capturing the emotion felt by many of those who follow Notre Dame football, upon hearing that Kelly was interviewing with the NFL's Eagles, Irish nose tackle Louis Nix III tweeted "Didnt see that coming!"

You really need to work on your tense and mood *
by ACross  (2017-04-17 00:16:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You forgot capitalization and use of articles *
by pmcdnd96  (2017-04-17 10:41:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ending sentences with periods would do wonders. *
by PWK2  (2017-04-17 14:53:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But other than that, it was well-written. *
by captaineclectic  (2017-04-17 11:59:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can someone translate the first sentence of the post?
by Dan93  (2017-04-17 13:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Wow...mea culpa
by irishrock  (2017-04-17 15:35:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was either falling asleep, or auto correct, or just a plain spoken idiot.

I would have preferred for it to look this way:

I wonder if Anzalone de-commits from ND if Kelly's dalliance with the Eagles/NFL does not happen.

Flame away at me for a horrible first sentence. It is WELL DESERVED

From there I think Andy (and others), would have you....
by Marine Domer  (2017-04-17 15:46:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

progress to "I wonder if Anzalone would have de-committed from ND if Kelly's dalliance with the Eagles/NFL never happened."

That would have been preferable
by El Kabong  (2017-04-17 15:56:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In the original interpretation, I thought he was surmising Kelly wouldn't have looked at the NFL if Anzalone hadn't de-committed.

This update makes much more sense.

I believe it is supposed to be
by pmcdnd96  (2017-04-17 14:15:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

("You"; understood) Have to wonder (:) if Kelly doesn't ("didn't") have a dalliance ("with the NFL"), if (would) he ("Anzalone have") stays("ed) and Irish commit.("?")

Final draft:
You have to wonder: if Kelly didn't have a dalliance with the NFL, would Anzalone have stayed an Irish commit?

Further editing
by billweber72  (2017-04-17 23:18:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to wonder, if Kelly hadn't had a dalliance with the NFL, would Anzalone have remain committed to the Irish?

I would phrase it thusly
by ACross  (2017-04-17 14:33:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Kelly hadn't been sneaking around in Miami with the encouragement of his meathead agent just hours after getting pantsed by Alabama, and giving recruits a basis to question his long-term commitment to ND, would Anzalone perhaps had committed to ND?

(the point being - "had not" preferred to "did not")

Kelly was playing the long game, as usual.

Honest question: was he already committed at that point?
by athlete37  (2017-04-17 19:47:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought that forced him to switch. Maybe he decommitted before that and I'm misremembering

My recollection
by irishrock  (2017-04-18 08:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was set for early enrollment. He had been a FL commitment at one point, but he switched to ND and was planning coming in early. The change back to FL happened in a matter of days, and I'd be interested if there was somebody here who knows more of the backstory.

I also seem to recall that either mom/dad (maybe both) were FL grads.

I thought he was a PSU commit before ND, then UF afterward *
by NGIrish09  (2017-04-18 17:18:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pre NC game PC: Q. A number of people have come forth with
by cj  (2017-04-17 15:36:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an opinion that you take a more measured approach on the sideline now than maybe a few years ago. Do you agree with that opinion? And if so, is it a conscious decision on your part?

COACH BRIAN KELLY: It's time and place. It's time and place relative to that measured approach that you're talking about. First couple of years we needed to grow, and I was hard on our team, there's no question. I don't have to have that kind of same presence with our football team in year 3. They understand exactly what the expectations are, and I don't have to remind them. I was doing a lot of reminding in the first couple of years. Doing much less of that, but that's pretty typical in my stays at each program is that by your third year, everybody is on the same page."

imo This is some of his best stuff.... Oh, to be so wise and confident...

Lastly, our beat reporters (ND menservants) suck.

"By the third year, everyone is on the same page."
by BottleofRed  (2017-04-17 17:09:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yet somehow by the 7th year, everyone isn't even reading the same damn book. Yes...if only there were paid professionals who could ask Kelly how that's possible.

Yep, and his more measured approach is a hoot too. I
by cj  (2017-04-17 17:35:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wonder how Grimes felt about Kelly being "more measured" three years later.

We are a fine tuned machine. Holy Hannah, not long ago I used to celebrate our getting a play in and the ball snapped on time. Those were "in game" moral victories.

"To really build a program is a four-, five-year proposition, to get all the pieces in place," athletic director Jack Swarbrick said. "And that's what we're seeing now. To me last year was a testament to this program is in as good a place as it's been for two decades. ... And '12 bought us the time to do it right."

There is zero accountability at the top and these 2 just keep the b.s. flowing...

PS If there was a Heisman for AD cowardice they would only invite one guy to the ceremony.

Oh, I see.
by Dan93  (2017-04-17 14:29:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was thinking he was asking that if Anzalone had stayed an ND commit, would Kelly have not pursued an NFL position. That didn't make sense.

my favorite part of the board
by irishrock  (2017-04-17 12:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Across says nothing on my post except for correcting my English grammar.

I blame my non-Catholic Jesuit priest teachers

Your sentiment was unassailable. *
by captaineclectic  (2017-04-17 15:33:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm pretty sure I've never corrected anyone's grammar
by ugoirish  (2017-04-17 14:49:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on this board though I can't stand the present tense bullshit and referring to artificial turf as 'turf' (which is a synonym for grass) among other things but your post was unintelligible. I read it 3 or 4 times starting yesterday when you posted it and then again today and couldn't figure out what the heck you were trying to say until some replies added context. Cross wasn't even very harsh with you and the problem went way beyond nit-picking.

agreed, please see mea culpa above *
by irishrock  (2017-04-17 15:36:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Iambic pentameter is your friend. *
by 84david  (2017-04-17 14:12:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just avoid intentional buthering of the language * *
by ACross  (2017-04-17 13:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Says the guy who can't spell butchering! Edit is your friend *
by DomerJon  (2017-04-17 14:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bothering with an English accent... *
by Tonybullets  (2017-04-17 14:38:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

nobody begrudges typos *
by ACross  (2017-04-17 14:34:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I for one think typos are worse than grammar errors.
by rockmcd  (2017-04-17 15:05:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Most grammar errors are either the result of ignorance, or just typing the same way that the poster would speak informally in a casual conversation. In either case, the poster is typing what he intended to say, just as he would say what he intended to say if it were a verbal conversation. Poor grammar is not necessarily a reflection of a lack of knowledge on the subject matter, especially if the subject matter is sportz.

Typos on the other hand are just lazy. If a poster doesn't take enough time to proofread what he wrote, then a reader can assume he didn't take much time to think about the subject matter either. The existence of typos suggests that a post is more emotional than thoughtful!!!1!!1!!

That said, the OP's grammar was brutal.

Hope you can live with the torture *
by ACross  (2017-04-17 16:31:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its unbareable. *
by rockmcd  (2017-04-17 17:11:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You know for a fact that I do. *
by PWK2  (2017-04-17 14:51:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LIke I said *
by ACross  (2017-04-17 16:36:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"As I said." *
by PWK2  (2017-04-17 19:34:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was simply quoting Lou Holtz. *
by novusordo0205  (2017-04-17 14:12:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.