Yep; my one "solace" is that our NC hopes were already gone
by Irish2003 (2014-12-31 15:24:49)
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: For me, 2014 = the year of the Northwestern debacle.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

Living in Chicago, I hate losing to those jackwagons who can't fill their little stadium yet have a huge media presence, but ASU had already finished our slight playoff chances the previous week and it wasn't like BC '93 or '02 which directly torpedoed good seasons (although the latter was fool's gold and IMO would have fallen anyway, esp. with that loaded SC team on the road). I still think thumping NW would have partially restored our pre-FSU momentum and led to a likely win over UL and a competitive game against SC, but as you said it's a scab at best. I'll take wins over a team with top 10-15 talent and a de facto win over the defending NC & current playoff team any year, but this year really is yet another coulda, shoulda season for us.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.