Yesterday proved what you and I exchanged messages on
by btd (2014-12-31 15:07:37)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: You do realize the OL was using a different technique  posted by gadomer

before the game. Kelly has it in him to make the required changes -- in terms of ability to spot it, teach it, execute it. Can you please reach out to your contacts and find a way to get him to freaking do it every single game moving forward? Abandon the losing offense and keep the winning offense?

The end of 2010. All of 2012 -- except the title game where he reverted to 2011/2013 offense. The LSU bowl game. All where he went run first, power football and we were extremely successful (4 + 12 + 1 = 17-1 in that stretch!).

This guy is not Faust, Davie, Ty or Weis. He is capable of doing what is needed at ND. It is purely voluntary on his part when we don't do it.

A couple of things ...
by gadomer  (2014-12-31 15:37:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This offense is QBcentric. When Kelly had no real backup at QB, he has a 2010-2011-2013-2014 offense. When Kelly has a usable backup at QB, he has a 2012 and yesterday result.

If Golson stays and works in combination with Zaire, next year will be quite special.

As to contacts, I have not considered reaching out to Brian until a couple of days ago. I think he knows what to do. Despite Swarbrick's comments to the Observer, I also think he needs to realize that he is on thin ice.

EDIT: As I was watching the game--I did think of our back and forth.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.