What became of ND recruiting in Louisiana? Tillery is the
by Raoul (2014-12-31 14:45:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

first LA recruit in FB since 1999 (Albert Poree). There was a time when it seemed we got a decent recruit in that state every year or at least every other year. In 1998-1999 alone we had 3 (have no information before that)

I assume ND has some decent penetration in the state among regular students (at least relative to other Southern states) because of the Catholic schools. I know the ACE program has been active in New Orleans.

Have Catholic schools receded in importance? Does ND have a decent alumni presence in the state? Have things changed over the last 20 years? I know Katrina caused a big migration out of New Orleans. But the state is still cranking out top FB talent.

I would think New Orleans and Atlanta would be the two towns we recruit very hard in the GA, SC, AL, MS, LA area (basically SEC territory). We do OK I suppose in GA. But our LA talent pipeline all but evaporated in the last 15 years. Both Holtz and Davie recruited it. But Ty, Weis and Kelly not so much.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.