I agree with much of this
by ShermanOaksND (2014-12-31 13:33:41)
Edited on 2014-12-31 13:34:04
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: This win was huge for the future of the program  posted by SteakNFootball

I'm not a recruitnik and I've heard that this year's recruit class isn't all that good right now. But we "should be able to finish the year with a very strong" class, even though that now likely means winning some battles against Harbaugh.

Hindsight is 20/20. The LSU win might not prove to be as big as you say. But it should. There is intrinsic value to winning a bowl game against an SEC team, particularly one that entered the game ranked and whose only other loss to an unranked team was to steadily-improving Arkansas. Just as important was the manner in which we physically controlled LSU. It should help erase some of the damage that was done with the Alabama debacle 2 years ago. As much as I'd like to see the SEC knocked off its pedestal, I wouldn't mind deferring that until next year.

We're long overdue for a quiet off-season. Last year's was pretty quiet until late summer, but obviously that didn't hold.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.