I agree with much of this
by ShermanOaksND (2014-12-31 13:33:41)
Edited on 2014-12-31 13:34:04
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: This win was huge for the future of the program  posted by SteakNFootball

I'm not a recruitnik and I've heard that this year's recruit class isn't all that good right now. But we "should be able to finish the year with a very strong" class, even though that now likely means winning some battles against Harbaugh.

Hindsight is 20/20. The LSU win might not prove to be as big as you say. But it should. There is intrinsic value to winning a bowl game against an SEC team, particularly one that entered the game ranked and whose only other loss to an unranked team was to steadily-improving Arkansas. Just as important was the manner in which we physically controlled LSU. It should help erase some of the damage that was done with the Alabama debacle 2 years ago. As much as I'd like to see the SEC knocked off its pedestal, I wouldn't mind deferring that until next year.

We're long overdue for a quiet off-season. Last year's was pretty quiet until late summer, but obviously that didn't hold.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.