Since they say no question is a dumb question, here goes...
by Dillon76 (2017-03-19 12:13:32)
Edited on 2017-03-19 12:16:13
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Why do so many movies show or play an ND football game when the script calls for a college football game to be on the TV or radio in the scene? There's "Diehard", "Godfather II" and this scene from "The Sopranos". Just curious if it's just a coincidence or if ND has an agent in Hollywood.

Has no one heard of Ron Catlan
by Denver Jim  (2017-03-21 12:42:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a former ND QB and over the hill Saint's QB?

surely one of the greatest films of all time *
by abqgant  (2017-03-21 21:59:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Full Metal Jacket *
by wormwood  (2017-03-20 14:50:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And in a first aid training movie. Back years ago the firm
by Irish 1978  (2017-03-20 14:04:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we contracted with for first aid/CPR training used a short film as part of the CPR module to show the signs of a heart attack and how the person in distress will deny the problem. On his TV he had the ND v. USC game playing. And this was far enough back in time such that we were probably still good, certainly could do a remake and use Irish football footage today.

Yeah, I used to think that's how I will die.
by Bones  (2017-03-20 15:21:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heart attack during a classic ND football game. But since we now suck balls, I don't give enough shit to have heartburn, let alone a grabber.

John Goldfarb, Please Come Home
by SixShutouts66  (2017-03-20 13:22:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Candidate for worst movie of all time. Most of the attendance came after UND sued for defamation, giving free publicity to the studio and a reason for the haters to show up. It must still sell tickets and it fits period pieces before we treated to thrilling contests between directional state U's.

I watched it again last week on tv.
by tdiddy07  (2017-03-20 13:30:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a quality film. Funnier than it gets credit for.

Well, Johnny Utah played QB at Ohio State, but his bum
by dillon301  (2017-03-20 11:09:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

knee ended his shot at the League, so he had to become an FBI agent, surfer, and skydiver (even without a parachute)

I believe it is because there are no names of any kind
by Ndmemphis  (2017-03-20 09:36:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On the jerseys or field or stickers on helmets.

I'm welling up
by Chuck84  (2017-03-20 09:22:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's like I just discovered that someone had a camera on me for every Saturday of my youth.

Because we are ... THE BRAND
by Brahms  (2017-03-20 06:34:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And we got spies everywhere.

"Air Force One" and "The West Wing" *
by Voisman  (2017-03-19 20:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Guadalcanal Diary" (1943), "The tanks are coming" (1951),
by Dillon76  (2017-03-20 01:51:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Full Metal Jacket" (1987). All had a character where it was mentioned that he went to Notre Dame and played football. The free PR ND got back when its FB program was relevant was amazing. But as pvm333 says, don't expect to see any more of this. FYI, I guess you can tell I'm a war movie buff.

Mafioso...good Catholics...cheer for old Notre Dame.
by BacTien  (2017-03-19 17:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no idea wtf Die Hard had it.

In LA, security guard is watching USC/ND game.
by Tonyvolo09  (2017-03-21 13:33:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nevermind that it's supposed to be on Christmas eve...

Yippy Ki yay, Mother F....
by domerdocmn99  (2017-03-19 20:35:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman, Nakatomi Towers in LA?

they knew people would go see the movie
by pvm333  (2017-03-19 16:54:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

just because ND football was in it. Dont expect to see any more appearances.

Because we used to be the premier sports program in America *
by Widespread Irish  (2017-03-19 12:28:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Back in the days before we were an anachronism. *
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-19 15:07:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Nothing But Trouble"
by cj  (2017-03-19 12:22:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Before the dinner, Christopher tells his guardian, Prince Saul, that he wants to know more about the life of the common man in America. His biggest dream is to play American football for Notre Dame."

"The story ends with Christopher, Oliver and Stan singing the Notre Dame fight song together with the policemen."

If you like Laurel and Hardy this is a must see..... I stumbled across it on TV and it was great...

Back to the Future II, Mr & Mrs.Smith, The Break-up, Shrek. *
by The Holtz Room  (2017-03-20 00:54:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Flamingo Kid *
by Tiger Stadium  (2017-03-20 11:36:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't forget Rudy! *
by Beaknd  (2017-03-20 12:09:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I strive to forget Rudy *
by Rocksteady74  (2017-03-20 13:14:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Airplane* *
by stanford_77  (2017-03-20 13:00:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.