Braxston Banks' kids education fund
by El Kabong (2017-03-14 09:26:24)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

If you're so inclined, donations are being solicited to help Braxston's kids for educational purposes.

Thanks for posting. Peace to the family. *
by JC_90_94  (2017-03-14 14:58:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thanks for the info
by leahy  (2017-03-14 13:17:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Donation given
This is a great cause

Donated *
by oldirishfan  (2017-03-14 11:37:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hate to say it, but the guy who donated right after you was
by Moff  (2017-03-14 12:15:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a better tackler than you. And better looking.

Assuming I know about whom you're speaking...
by GolfJunkie17  (2017-03-14 14:28:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there a significance to the amount $102?

I was wondering that myself. I'll bet there is.
by Moff  (2017-03-14 14:49:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I like the guy who gave $39.

How many guys were on the '88 roster? *
by JoeJackTalcum  (2017-03-14 15:08:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I count 87 in the team photo, including a super-imposed
by Moff  (2017-03-14 15:15:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pat Terrell who must have missed picture day. (That includes all the walk-ons. So much for the argument that it was easier with higher scholarship limits back then.)

Are all the walk-ons on there?
by JoeJackTalcum  (2017-03-14 15:20:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The rosters back in olden times were larger, right?

I take it back. The number seemed low so I looked
by Moff  (2017-03-14 15:57:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

up the attached. There were 116 listed in the end of season roster.

I just noticed that the freshmen were left out of the team photo. John Foley and Mark Nigro are also missing. Also, included in the photo are Harizin, Rosenberg and McLoone, who I do not see on the final roster.

Of the 87 non-frosh in the photo, 22 are walk-ons, one (Sean Connor) was a scholarship basketball player who also kicked, and two scholarship guys in the photo left the team. We added 21 freshman scholarship guys not pictured, for a total of 85 scholarship guys, with Mark Nigro and the injured John Foley. We also added 7 more freshman walks on for a total of 30. So the entire roster was about 116 guys.

Just edited at the same time you posted this.
by Moff  (2017-03-14 15:21:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That includes all the walk-ons, including the late, great Bobby Satterfield.
The scholarship limit was 95 then. It changed to 85 in 1992.

Holtz was still digging out of a hole then. He lost 6 of his seven leading tacklers going into 1987, and then lost Stonebreaker as well. Going into 1988, he had to replace his entire offensive and defensive lines as well as numerous other positions. When he took over in 1986, he had more QBs than defensive linemen.

My walk-on LB roommate is in the photo *
by btd  (2017-03-18 21:48:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for posting this El K. Donation made.
by Moff  (2017-03-14 10:01:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The person that set up this account visited Braxston in the hospital a couple weeks ago. She brought him a Notre Dame t-shirt. Instead of just thanking her and putting it to the side, Braxston put the t-shirt on. He loved Notre Dame and, more importantly, the people of Notre Dame. He was a great guy who went out of his way to help and brighten the days of others.

There is going to be a going home celebration on Saturday, attended by his mother, sister, and three children. Wouldn't it be nice if they knew there was an outpouring of love and support from the ND community. There are a lot of ND alums, subway and otherwise, that frequent this site and we are capable of great things. I'll bet even the smallest of donations along with a kind word about Braxston would mean the world to them as they try to get through this. Please show them the "40 year decision" is alive and well. Thanks

What did he die from? *
by btd  (2017-03-18 21:49:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.