Inspired by the thread below - Reggie Brooks is our speaker.
by sluredandstumbly (click here to email the poster) (2017-03-11 14:38:42)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I think we got the better draw. My question is this - we would like to auction off a framed photo from the Snow Bowl. I have the iconic shot with Mirer under center and Reggie & Jerome in the backfield, but I'm wondering if a quality photograph exists of Reggie's 2-point conversion catch? If anyone knows of such a shot, please let me know. Email linked.

I would ask Reggie if he has a link to a photo
by frickerdog  (2017-03-13 11:19:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is a very approachable guy, and has helped out our Club in the past.

I guess our Club doesn't do enough to get a big-name speaker. I think the biggest drawing UND dinner speaker we've had in recent years has been the Associate Director of Admissions. Our speaker this year will be Marc Burdell (formerly in Development), who is an absolutely great guy, but if you've never met him, it's unlikely you would be enticed to a dinner by his involvement.

Mike Elko will headline Chicago's Rockne Dinner
by Irish2003  (2017-03-12 17:07:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Panel includes Dave Casper, Kinnon Tatum, Tommy Zbikowski, & Joe Schmidt.

Someone should remind Tatum
by HTownND  (2017-03-12 20:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We can still hear the echoes from the hit during the USC game.

The loudest hit I've ever heard in person. It was nuts.

Another ear splitting moment was Zibby's USC punt return *
by Moff  (2017-03-12 23:44:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

loudest sports moment of my life
by irishrock  (2017-03-13 10:43:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

my seats were in the corner where he scored and I still remember that I thought the stadium was about to collapse. I've been around some great sports moments and some loud ones...that is first by a bullet

I was in the opposite corner and agree
by frickerdog  (2017-03-13 11:23:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The only thing I can compare it to was when I was lucky enough to be in the last row of the Spectrum for the Christian Laettner shot v. Kentucky. I think if there had been a majority of fans from one team or another in the building on that day, it would have taken down the building.

The crowd reaction to the Zibby return was insanely loud.

try contacting either the archives or the SID (link w/ pics)
by 88_92WSND  (2017-03-12 10:05:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for ideas, if not for actual images. They're credited with the two shots of the 2PC on the page linked. Or heck, as Reggie himself. I only met him once but he seemed pretty laid back 25 years ago...

The 4:15 mark.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-11 20:33:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Orange Co. would do Osweiler-esque deal for Brooks instead
by Rfk  (2017-03-11 17:40:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They'd offer Kelly and cover the cost of your event in exchange for Brooks.

This is right after the catch
by Moff  (2017-03-11 17:02:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you definitely got the better of the draw. Great guy with great stories.

Thanks Moff - I've never seen this shot.
by sluredandstumbly  (2017-03-11 20:13:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think we'll frame the two together.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.