Fred, Like you I am one of 8. We were a little more
by cj (2017-03-11 12:01:18)
Edited on 2017-03-11 12:03:33
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: thanks  posted by leahy

organized 4 boys in a row then 4 girls. Our oldest just turned 63. I don't know how I would handle what you are dealing with now...Remember lessons from your mom and dad..chin up...
I am guessing that Jim's 1966 ring was a source of tremendous pride for your family and especially your dad. It's probably among if not his favorite championship....full circle... The fact that your family was able to experience national titles in "two dimensions" is a testament to hard work and unparalleled excellence.
I know from reading past posts by you that there were tough times. Those times were balanced by an incredible amount of family love too. The moment that you shared in your post here is forever...pride, love, sharing, celebration, family...all with Notre Dame as a backdrop. Priceless. Your personal "family instinct" was spot on and I only wish I was there to see you make the leap. Good on you.
I am also guessing that you have some wonderful street/playground football memories with him....
Know that your love for him is eternal. Just like his love for you. Heaven has another "ace".
All of the Leahy's will be in my prayers.
God bless you all and Peace in Christ.
cj

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.