the team plays better with Zaire
by irishrock (2014-12-31 09:47:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Trying to understand Kelly's possible 2 QB system.  posted by Brahms

and that is where the focus needs to be. The team (all 11) play better with Zaire.

I actually think Golson has a much better arm than Zaire (small sample size, I know). I am unsure if Zaire makes the Stanford throw to Koyack or the 4th and 19 to Robinson against FSU. I also don't think Zaire fumbles at his own 8 yard line against Stanford. Golson may offer more individual upside, but certainly more downside for the team. Zaire offers (to date) far less downside than Golson and to me, that is where the focus needs to be.

But who cares about that when in the big picture, the strengths of the OLine and RB's is actually put on display with Zaire and are downgraded with Golson. We need the Offense focused on using all 11 players, not on 2 (Golson and whatever WR he locks in on)

At the end of the day, I am quite confident that we absolutely beat NW and Louisville. I'd argue that the Golson turnovers dug a tremendous hole against ASU and that really hurt the team. Pointing to above, I'd argue Golson made throws that got us back in the game against ASU that I'm unsure Zaire could make. SC was a stupid buzzsaw and we got absolutely worked and I don't think either QB could have won that game.

So instead of 0-4 in those games, I think we are at least 2-2 and possibly 3-1.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.