The SEC folks around here are pretty well shocked that ND
by tenndomer (2014-12-31 07:08:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: You're wrong. Not accepting a bowl is lose lose.  posted by Bill_brasky

beat a team from the mighty West. I fully expected an ass-whipping and dreaded the game. But, ND played a smart, physical game and won. It was a big win. Very big as far as perception goes and it will matter ongoing.
However, I was pretty stunned at Kelly's words in the ICON video and after the game when he pretty much threw Brindza under the bus for the season's collapse. It's his job to have his team mentally tough - it is what separates Meyer and Saban in my opinion. They are tough on their kids, but they don't destroy them as it appears Kelly does. i.e. Golson and Brindza.

He used Kyle as an example of someone who faced
by cujays96  (2014-12-31 10:25:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

adversity and overcame it.

Kelly regularly makes me want to punch him in his pudgy face. But not in that moment.

Giving him the game ball is throwing him under the bus?
by ndkid5  (2014-12-31 09:46:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did you watch the ICON video? I highly doubt Brindza or anyone else on that team felt like they got thrown under the bus.

Missed kicks
by fortune_smith  (2014-12-31 09:39:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Given the well-documented snapping and holding problems we had, I'm surprised so many folks view BK's comment as targeted toward Brindza. I didn't interpret BK's comment that way at all.

And note Zaire mis-aligned the hold on the winning kick again yesterday -- laces facing the kicking foot.

But good, clutch kick. Terrific, nearly error-free, win with an excellent game plan. (Who would have foreseen zero turnovers and only two penalties after the timeout call before our first snap?) I can only interpret the win as an unambiguous positive. As others have noted, this should help close out a successful recruiting haul and set a very positive off-season tone for a youthful squad.

It's amusing that the huckleberries are in disbelief that we beat one of their West Division powers. Perhaps we're even good enough to stay on the field with that powerhouse tandem Ole Miss and Mississippi State, which are two of the most over-rated, over-bought teams I can recall.

Not in the video. The game ball was nice and well-earned. I
by tenndomer  (2014-12-31 10:57:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

thought the comment in the post-game - and I don't remember it word for word - sounded like "if we'd made kicks at the end of the year, we would have won." Perhaps I misinterpreted because of expectations.

He threw Brindza under the bus?
by BigNDfan  (2014-12-31 09:32:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brindza was emotional when getting the game ball? What were you watching?

Threw Brindza under the bus?
by irishnut  (2014-12-31 08:14:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not a Kelly fan but I thought what he did for Brindza was good coaching. The kid had an up and down season but came through in the clutch and was acknowledged for it.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.