My Take
by Qu1ps (2014-12-31 05:50:36)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

First, it was good to see a win, any win after the way this team and its coaching staff collapsed. Next, it was better to see a win over an SEC school. Finally, though, a caution to all. I still believe we should have declined a bowl invitation because it was, to me, a lose-lose situation. A loss, of course, would have meant closing on a five game losing streak. A win, however, could trick the coaches, the players, and even the fans... into believing this was a successful season which it was not. Already I hear talk, even from Brian Kelly and the media about, "next year could be the year". How about building a dominating defense first? Defense is still what wins championships. Ask the Steelers of the 70's what won 4 championships in 6 years, ask the Seahawks who stuffed Peyton Manning last year what won it for them, ask Nick Saban at Alabama what is making his team a perennial championship contender. Anyway, congrats to the Irish for closing the season on a win and on a win over an SEC team. Sometimes I get ticked off beyond belief but I will love you til I breathe my less breath on this earth. "Notre Dame, Our Mother, pray for us!"

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. is not responsible for its contents.