Personal attack aside I agree
by irishbluto (2014-12-30 23:25:11)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Just curious  posted by minookairish

The constant on this board seems to be that most just want to find new and creative ways to say Kelly should be fired from ND. What is the true point of this constant conversation? He's the best coach we've had since Holtz. Yes he's made a ton of mistakes, but he is our coach.

Is it too much to ask that we, as fans, simply support the Head Coach while he's at ND? If he's fired in the future than have at it, but what satisfaction do a lot of you get out of bashing him? Seems like you just want to be the first in line year(s) from now when he's gone to say 'see, I told you he had to go'

And not for nothing but I thought Kelly had a hell of a day today. Go Irish.

The purpose of expressing dissatisfaction...
by El Kabong  (2014-12-31 07:09:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...is not to "be the first in line year(s) from now when he's gone to say 'see, I told you he had to go'".

The purpose of expressing dissatisfaction is to indicate to those who employ him that the results are insufficient and change should be considered.

"Simply support[ing] the Head Coach while he's at ND" sends the erroneous message that we think extended employment of him is a good idea.

There are problems.
by Laramie  (2014-12-31 08:06:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The name-calling and the slurs have gotten a bit out of hand this past few years. And, a certain drama queen poster is pretty much allowed to say whatever he wants.

Yes. It's too much to ask. If you want blind loyalty, you've
by TAR  (2014-12-30 23:41:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Come to te wrong place. You and minihooka should find a new place to hold your fanboy circle jerks.

that's your response?
by irishbluto  (2014-12-30 23:48:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

'fanboy circle jerks'... I asked if it was possible to support the head coach of your favorite team, and this is what you have to say? You are a problem. You are a Notre Dame fan that gives all Notre Dame fan's a bad rep.

I truly hope you are just an internet tough guy and a decent person in real life. If not than I hope you find help. Cheers.

I don't expect you or hookaman to get it, because you can't
by TAR  (2014-12-31 00:54:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is not just the coach of "my favorite team". He is the coach of my Alma Mater. And I expect more from him than the occasional mediocre win. I expect him to get the most out of the talent at his disposal. I expect excellence. With a few exceptions, he has perpetually failed to live up to expectations. Today's performance just underscores the point even more. He is an underachieving arrogant asshole who left at least three wins on the table this year due to his dumb ass coaching decisions.

Fortunately, there is a way to calm this;
by cj  (2014-12-31 00:01:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re 8-5, lord, Kumbaya
We’re 8-5, lord, Kumbaya
We’re 8-5, lord, Kumbaya
Oh, lord, Kumbaya.

We lost to Northwestern, lord, Kumbaya
Oh, lord, Kumbaya.

southern cal annihilated us, lord, Kumbaya
Oh, lord, Kumbaya.

We’re music city champions, lord, Kumbaya
Oh, lord, Kumbaya.

That one makes me cry, pa....... *
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-31 00:04:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gee willickers what's so wrong about going for 2 against nw? *
by cj  (2014-12-31 00:10:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because he couldn't go for 3 *
by TAR  (2014-12-31 00:43:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well gosh darn, kessler did something no one has done in 127
by cj  (2014-12-31 10:57:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

years to ND. How in the heck can anyone prepare for that?

No doubt Kelly called a good game today
by Camarillo Brillo  (2014-12-30 23:39:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His team was prepared to play. The strategy to run the ball and use up the clock was excellent. The last drive, when ND got the ball back with 5 minutes left and never gave the ball back, was a thing of beauty.

So why are so many folks still grumbling? Because we want to know where in the hell this offensive philosophy was all year. Kelly's refusal to call plays like during the regular season probably cost this team three wins.

And there is a very real possibility Kelly did so today not because he has had a change of heart, but because Golson may have been at less than 100% with a shoulder injury. There's a very real chance Kelly will revert to form next season.

We're irritated as hell because this should be the offense Kelly puts on the field, not a one-off.

As for the rest of Kelly's track record at ND, it speaks for itself; and it stinks out loud.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.