Rocco's sucks. But here's the only good Rocco's story
by ACross (2017-01-11 17:57:20)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

It truly has putrid food and drink. Just awful.

I went there with Willie to meet some people post game in the mid 1990s, in a different era when it was still light out after the game.

Willie was pie eyed from a morning and afternoon of drinking and starving. There were no tables available.

So he solved his problem. He saw some stupid Irish family of 4 taking up a 6 top, with a piping hot couple of shitty pizzas. Dorky, hen pecked dad? You bet. Wife having downed more than a lifetime of pizzas, as evidenced by her trailer? Of course. Two hopeless kids with Irish names and snotty noses and stupid clothes? Did you doubt it?

Willie stumbled over, didn't say a word, dragged over a chair, grabbed a piece of pizza, wolfed it down, belched. Grabbed the dad's beer. Two gulps, and down. Another piece of pizza, inhaled as Sheila gaped, paralyzed. The kids were horrified and amazed.

Enjoyed this *
by SBirish  (2017-01-13 17:04:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In 4 years, I only visited the place once.
by BeijingIrish  (2017-01-13 12:40:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't even get to eat. A bunch of us had been at the Senior Bar, and we decided to go to Rocco's for a pizza. I had in mind that I would order shells with ricotta if they had them. Off we went.

One of our party had been drinking heavily for much of the day. I don't know what the beverage mix was, but I did see him down a couple of pitchers at the Senior Bar. He was weaving along as we walked to Rocco's, but he appeared to be sober enough to eat.

We went in, and were being seated at a table when the drunk guy let fly with a stream of projectile vomit. The volume of the barf was spectacular. It was all over the wall, the table, and a couple chairs. Then, he bent over, and launched another stream on the floor. He made exceptional noises. He finished by collapsing on the floor in the middle of the barf pile.

I don't know why, but I think barfing is hysterical, and I was laughing. I laughed even harder when one of the other guys, a football player, said, "C'mon, sit down--I'm hungry. They'll clean it up." However, we were asked to leave, and the fb guy asked, "Why?".

We had no choice but to leave, but we had to get the guy out of there. A couple guys each grabbed one foot, and they dragged our inert classmate out of the restaurant feet first. He left a slick of slime behind him from the table to the entrance. He was on his stomach, his hands were trailing behind, and his head was kind of bobbing as it hit things (he later excoriated us for not turning him over). People were recoiling in horror, waitresses crying, etc. We just left him curled up on the sidewalk out side the restaurant. No taxi would take him.

As we left, the fb player said to the maitre'd that he was going to report the restaurant because it had kicked the non-barfing guests out for no reason. He thought it might be a discrimination case and accused Rocco's of violating our civil rights. I agreed, and this is why, as someone who experienced the sting of discrimination that night, I sympathize with the civil rights movement.

I can't stop laughing. *
by Rallying Son  (2017-01-13 22:07:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The owners of Rocco's may kill SimplyIrish.
by Bruno95  (2017-01-13 16:57:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This has been an unfortunate week for them.

We always enjoyed dinner and sometimes dancing
by ProV1x  (2017-01-12 17:31:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at the South Bend Country Club. When the bill comes at the end of the month we hope it was enjoyable.

pizza at the boat club was ok - RIP *
by airborneirish  (2017-01-12 13:45:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You suck. Rocco's is great. *
by Rosecrea  (2017-01-12 13:28:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seconded. *
by austindomer  (2017-01-12 14:38:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is it the fresh mozzarella? The fresh basil? Wild mushrooms?
by ACross  (2017-01-12 13:41:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

House made ssausage? Hand tossed crust? Wood fired ovens?

Or the wine list?

Great service? Decor?

Verdict: total crap. Should be torn down, right after they tear down Parisi's.

I'm pretty sure Rocco's makes their own sausage.
by vitadulcedospes  (2017-01-13 10:09:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

odschool confirms it below.

Whatever it is, that stuff isn't out of a frozen box.

Nope, it's the cold 40 ouncers and the 50's plastic glasses
by Rosecrea  (2017-01-12 15:34:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

an the fact that they remember me after 40 years. I wouldn't eat a wild mushroom if I was handcuffed and stop stuttering when you say sausage.

Who would appreciate those? *
by marylanddomer  (2017-01-12 14:48:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am I the only person who's never been to Rocco's?
by John88  (2017-01-12 10:32:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I feel like I'm missing something.

I've only been once.
by BottleofRed  (2017-01-12 13:05:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gozer thought I was missing out, but I still think Barnaby's is better.

maybe you'd like it more
by gozer  (2017-01-12 21:18:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if you were to return with better company.

Yo Mace! Watch your crusts! *
by The Holtz Room  (2017-01-12 21:54:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still never been in Rocco's. And that covers a lot of time. *
by dbldomer7375  (2017-01-12 12:37:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope *
by navyjoe  (2017-01-12 12:05:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope.
by CMillar  (2017-01-12 12:04:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I don't have the faintest clue as to where it is.

I didn't get there until a few years ago. *
by Moff  (2017-01-12 11:09:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's nothing special about Rocco's
by OCND  (2017-01-12 11:24:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

except the fact that it's located on South Bend Ave. Although I tend to agree that trying to rank pizza is mostly futile, there are much better pies in the area.

It's charm for many of us doesn't come from 5 stars
by 84david  (2017-01-16 10:12:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

From wine spectator. It's that Rocco's was one one of the very few places near campus within walking distance that catered to students and had no problem serving alcohol to 18 year olds.
And of course the stories.
Easy access, friendly, affordable to poor college students, all the things that make for good memories.

Quite frankly, I never gave much of a thought to how good was the pizza.

People who go out of their way to rag on the pizza
by ndtnguy  (2017-01-12 12:11:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

strike me mostly as just being contrary. And perhaps there's a value to that. But the fact of the matter is that it's a decent little pizza place---although sure, "pizza non disputandem." I wouldn't ever order anything in there other than pizza, but I don't know what Andy wants out of a mom-and-pop pizza shack, unless it's simply for mom-and-pop pizza shacks not to exist.

Pizza debates, and why I like Rocco's...
by Kbyrnes  (2017-01-13 01:39:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...First, I want to see a Seinfeld redux episode, or a Monty Pythonesque styling, with philosophers cluck-clucking over why pizza X is full of virtue while pizza Y must be consigned to a circle of hell.

People pigeonhole food too much. It's baked dough with stuff on it, an item that's been around in about 1,000 varieties for 2,000 years (give or take, I would guess). Does it taste good for the price? Then eat it.

I almost never get pizza at Rocco's; usually pasta or a sausage sandwich. The red sauce is quite good and the meaty things like meatballs and sausage are quite fine. It's not a foodie joint and doesn't pass itself off as such. My own record with the place goes back to the fall of 1973, starting my soph year, when the south part of the building was living space and the front door was about 10 feet north of where it is now. A friend of mine, a double-major in music (organ performance) and electrical engineering, was an assistant to the sacristan, a young Fr. Dan Jenky. One Friday he asked if I wanted to head to Rocco's, which I'd never been to (he was a SB townie), so he got the keys for a Corby car and off we went. We split a quart of Miller beer and each had spaghetti and meatballs, years before knowing that it was not an authentic dish, horror of horrors. It just tasted good.

In three years I must have gone there with various groups 20 or 30 times, and over the years I've been there at least once a year, sometimes several times a year. Linda, the proprietor with her husband Warren, was a teen when I first set foot in the place. It has a sort of homey atmosphere, completely unassuming and if you had no history there, maybe nothing special.

We've been to Carriage House, Cafe Navarre, Corndance, Woochi, Bonefish, Evil Czech, Zing, LaSalle Grill, Tippecanoe, Sorin's, and then a bunch of other places over the years that are no longer around, like the Villa Capri on Ironwood, once in its glory of gold lions, statues, and bunches of plastic grapes, until it closed in the late 70s or early 80s. Rocco's is part of that spectrum of experience.

Anyway, it's a place I've been to for 44 years, where I know what I'll get, the owners smile and ask about the family, the service is good, and it's inexpensive.

For foodies, it is a good example of a pizza genre -
by Odschool  (2017-01-13 08:09:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the post - WW2 midwest thin crust pizza, A few examples are Marie's in Mayfair (West Lawrence), Chicago, Wells Brothers in Racine, Maria's in Milwaukee, frank's Pizza Palace in Appleton WI(I would think both Rocksteady and Across have been there), Fricano's in Grand Haven, and Q's by Kbyrnes house. It is important to order the right pizza. Rocco's makes their own sausage. In the summer it uses locally sourced veggies;

There are many others across the midwest. I am a townie, but Rocco's was never my goto in SB. It is just pizza. If you don't like it, don't order it or eat it.

Never been to Franks Pizza Palace
by ACross  (2017-01-13 16:18:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Appleton was 40 minutes away, which back then was a long way.

belotti's and Luigi's were the places in my home town of any local renown, and they were unremarkable. Belotti's was analogous to Rocco's and Luigi's was just a cheese bomb.

Their sausage dishes are pretty good.
by vitadulcedospes  (2017-01-12 15:46:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know if they make their own sausage, but it's better than mom-and-pop quality.

Perhaps you are just a prole with shitty taste
by ACross  (2017-01-12 13:29:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you should hang out with SimplyShanty.

I submit there is no such thing as a "good mom and pop pizza place. American pizza is for proles. I've never cared much for it. Now, on the rare occasion that I eat pizza, it is Neopolitan or true Italian/wood fired, easy on the sauce, real mozzarella, etc. i think Chicago and New York pizza are for proles. Pastaria and Katie's Pizza in St Louis are good, and serve good wine. Pizzeria Mozza in Los Angeles is good but i prefer its fancier sibling, Osteria Mozza.

Thankfully, my tike's dairy allergy gives me a free pass from having to go to "mom and pop pizza" shitholes like Roccos. He knows pizza is for proles.

In St. Louis they put Provel on pizza
by BaltimoreJoe  (2017-01-12 17:10:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your blanket statement about New York pizza is particularly laughable - pizza in America outside of the New York area is generally garbage, with the exception of NY pizza's cousin in New Haven. The faux Neapolitan joints you can find in St. Louis or LA pass off a shitty replication of pizza from Italy and upsell the shit out of it to people that want to spend $15 for a 8 inch pie. Just because a place has wood or coal-fired or brick oven doesn't mean its any good.

I surmise that the places you have been in New York are probably tourist traps akin to Times Square chain restaurants. Go to Zero Otto Nove on Arthur Ave for real Neapolitan pizza or Totonno's in Coney Island, and tell me they suck and/or are for proles.

You can rest assured I do not eat it
by aCross  (2017-01-12 17:56:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just as ou can rest assured I don't eat at "tourist traps" in NY or NJ.

I find it silly that people from New York and New Jersey and Chicago and Philly get so defensive and prideful about bullshit prole food like Americanized pizza and hot dogs and cheese steaks. The answer? It all sucks.

Barbecue is good but not if you have to wait in line or eat on paper plates or without air conditioning.

Pizzeria Mozza, you say?
by Mark_It_Zero  (2017-01-12 17:08:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's right around the corner from my aunt and uncle's place. I'll have to give that a try.

Often wrong. Never in doubt. *
by PWK2  (2017-01-12 16:36:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unlikely
by ndtnguy  (2017-01-12 15:59:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't even own a pair of tennis shoes, or a pair of jeans.

Burt's Place in Chicago made the cover of Saveur.
by The Holtz Room  (2017-01-12 13:54:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You are wrong on this one.

You may not LIKE American pizza, but you can't lump all of it into the prole category.

Burt recently passed away and I believe its being taken over
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-01-12 15:46:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by a guy from Pequod's, with the blessings of Burt's wife.

Is the Pequod's connection new? I thought a couple
by rick  (2017-01-12 16:22:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of former traders were trying to reopen it. That was a few months ago.
The Pequod's guy used to say nasty things about Burt:

And as for Pequod's, Burt said he simply burned out. He sold it in 1986 to businessman Keith Jackson, who, when asked about Burt, said, "I never had the displeasure of being Burt's partner." Asked to elaborate, he said Burt's famous crust is actually the result of Burt's being "a sloppy individual." He also said that comparing Pequod's pizza now to Burt's pizza is "like comparing a French dining experience to a meal of Kraft macaroni and cheese."

The Girl and the Goat blows goats
by ACross  (2017-01-12 14:08:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't listen to food critics or Saveur. I know what pŕole food is. I know what hipster food is.

At least you go this one right. Hipster Heaven, although I
by Rosecrea  (2017-01-12 15:35:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

did see Jimmy Butler the one time I had lunch there...

EDIT:It was actually The Little Goat where we ate and I saw Jimmy Butler

I've never been to The Girl & The Goat.
by The Holtz Room  (2017-01-12 14:56:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hipster food is not my thing either.

I will happily disagree with you on pizza.

If you live in Chicago, it's probably worth a try.
by Bruno95  (2017-01-12 15:03:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

On a Tuesday. If you only have so many visits a year, I wouldn't bother. Start with Bayless's places and go from there.

It's pretty good.
by WilfordBrimley  (2017-01-12 15:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are very experimental, and many of the dishes can fall flat, but when they get it right, it's very good. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there, but I certainly wouldn't pass it up, either.

However, in the vein of similar restaurants, Longman and Eagle kicks Girl and the Goat's ass, at least during the summer.

Maude's is also incredibly underrated. I love that place.

Both Girl and Goat and LongmanEagle are prototypical hipster
by ACross  (2017-01-12 17:51:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Restaurants.

The hallmarks are low cost ingredients, especially protiens. Rarely will one see a decent selection of fresh seafood or wild fish that costs money. Like wild caught salmon or or tuna. Or oysters. Instead, you see bullshit like farmed trout or barramundi or escolar or rough fish.
As,e with meat. You'lol see jowls and cheeks and what not. Maybe a hanger steak. Nothing prime or dry aged. If you do, one cut, not several. Rarely veal or lamb chops. Perhaps offal.

Drinks? "Craft cocktails" and craft beers". Wine? Nothing accessible of high end. Instead, small production wines, from lesser regions, tending towards more obscure grapes, to stroke the ego of the hipster wine director.

All served up by bearded and tattooed wait staff, while listening to a mix of hip hop and Pitchfork-blessed indie music.

And the patrons never pick up a fork without recording the moment on their cell phone cameras.

P.s. I'm heading to Dudleys in Lexington tonight. Las Vegas next week, then NYC. Knoxville and Albuquerque round out February.

Shut your mouth
by HTownND  (2017-01-12 16:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

About Maude's.

We don't want it too overrun, it's already occasionally hard enough.

I tried to convince their chef
by WilfordBrimley  (2017-01-12 17:38:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to give me his recipe for the corn fricassee last time I was there. I see they have taken it off the menu for now (might just be a fall dish). They wouldn't do it.

The Cassoulet
by HTownND  (2017-01-12 18:45:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Man, I need to get back over there.

I bet Cross would be fine with their wine list as well.

Longman or Maude's?
by ACross  (2017-01-12 19:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just looked at both.

Longman has, as I expected, the stereotypical hipster list. Infuriating. I'd probably dump a glass of German red (blech) on the sommelier's head, force feed the chef the escolar so she would shit herself for a week (escolar is a cheap fish because it has a compound in it that causes people to shit themselves like Brian Kelly on the two yard line), and leave.

Maude's serves low rung, village-level French plonk. Not a lot of choices. I give the list a solid F.

I meant Maude's
by HTownND  (2017-01-13 13:46:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And good to know.

I enjoyed the Château Ducasse, but I guess I'm a french village prole

Serious question. What do you specifically look for
by MDDomer  (2017-01-12 20:14:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in a wine list to determine whether it's a good or bad one?

Intelligence, depth, value, accessibility
by ACross  (2017-01-12 21:45:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Check out the list at Truffles in St Louis.

Now, that's an extensive list. But it's balanced. It has ringers and older vintages and Bordeaux and California Cabernet and Chardonnay. It also more obscure grapes for those who enjoy that. And it has damned good values. It loads up on good vintages like California 2012 and 2013 . Look at its Washington reds and whites for under $50.

I tend to drink Spanish wines and Italian wines and Petite Sirah when I can. My wife likes Chardonnay and if we have to compromise it's Pinot so I drink a lot of that. In the summer I drink Greek whites.

If a list is small it better be well thought out and it better not force me to buy obscure wines. And a list better have good by the glass offerings.

And goddamn it, the reds better be at cellar temperature, even by the glass offerings.

Thank you. Good info *
by MDDomer  (2017-01-12 22:24:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed. It's good pizza. Best I've had in South Bend.
by tdiddy07  (2017-01-12 12:37:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other than Keough Kitchen.

I worked in Keough Kitchen in '05-'06
by NGIrish09  (2017-01-12 17:44:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to stop working there because I smelled like grease all the time. It just sunk into your pores. But the breadsticks could make a hangover go away in an instant. Too bad we didn't open until night time. I needed that shit at 10am.

You've got nothing on Spanky's *
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-01-13 10:35:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought it was fine.
by Moff  (2017-01-12 13:14:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I say that as a NJ native who grew up next to, and went to HS with a town comprised almost exclusively of first, second and third generation Italians. We were not wanting for good pizza.

Although we did not have jt or Chuck84 there, Jon "Bon Jovi" 's grandfather had his funeral home there).

Exactly
by HTownND  (2017-01-12 12:08:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

People don't go there for the quality of the food, just the location (near the once great Jazzman's).

There is much better pizza north of campus.

Also near the legendary Club 23
by IrishLep  (2017-01-12 12:14:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think I was ever in there sober and I never left not smelling like hell. Kind of like the Boat Club of South Bend Ave

*Was* near the legendary Club 23. *
by ndtnguy  (2017-01-12 13:20:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I saw the Swarbrick family there after the last Mich. game.
by CaptainIrish  (2017-01-11 21:34:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not grab a slice or guzzle his beer, but I wish that I had.

I drink your milkshake Swarbrick!
by Inigomontoya  (2017-01-12 07:47:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have seen him there after games. Swarbrick will have few celebratory Rocco's post game dinners next year. Unless he goes after hoops wins.

A year ago I called you a piece of shit
by Guilfordnd  (2017-01-11 20:48:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're not so bad. And definitely foresaw the clusterfuck that happened this season.

A good man knows when he's wrong. I was wrong. Your post made my day.

I moved to St. Louis in October. Provel is gross.

Oh, i have my faults
by ACross  (2017-01-11 21:09:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I happen to be right most of the time about the football program.

And every word of the story is true.

Provel does blow. Pastaria makes the only pizza i would eat if i could.

Pastaria doesn't offer a side of buffalo wings with your pie
by The Holtz Room  (2017-01-12 00:02:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Provel is only acceptable when you're shitfaced and stumble into IMO's.

Those days are long behind me.

Mine - Paul Hornung making an issue for Aubrey Lewis
by Domer58  (2017-01-11 19:08:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when they refused to serve the African American

A fine gesture, in the day...

Credit where credit's due, that was damn funny. *
by MD1997  (2017-01-11 18:45:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is kinda amazing Willy is still alive
by dwjm3  (2017-01-11 18:44:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Between his boozing and other interactions

Unbelievable *
by Eddysorin  (2017-01-11 18:30:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a good post. I really needed a good laugh today. *
by irisharab  (2017-01-11 18:16:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.