You see that awful non-word used in the locked post below?
by Cash (2016-12-20 14:50:50)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

If you use it on this site, you're going to be put on our virtual catapult and jettisoned to oblivion.

It's a despicable term and a sure sign that you are a failure as a human.

Cash

I think thats the word I used on a Air Force network
by clint reno  (2016-12-21 09:34:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

one rather interesting afternoon. They gave me a pass.

Using that term should be an instant ban.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2016-12-21 00:05:45)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you board ops.

You mean shenanigans? *
by The Holtz Room  (2016-12-20 22:34:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun *
by ndstein04  (2016-12-21 07:27:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unpresidented? *
by Dakotadomer  (2016-12-21 06:19:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you, sir *
by ShermanOaksND  (2016-12-20 22:24:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank you
by ScotsIrish  (2016-12-20 20:26:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An ugly "word" used in ugly ways by stupid people. Ranks somewhere down there with ethnic and racial slurs.

I hope I never miss the "h" in my handle *
by Chuck84  (2016-12-20 18:59:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had a firm blackberry. After a while the o button would
by MOFF  (2016-12-20 19:43:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not always work properly. I asked the IT people for a new one and they resisted. I told them "Well, if I send an e-mail to the female GC of giant corp X mentioning the word "counts," and the Blackberry malfunctions, I'll give them your direct extension." I got a new one and fast

It's a word that lives in a linguistic zone...
by Kbyrnes  (2016-12-20 17:43:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that I would agree doesn't belong here--a value judgement on my part, but one I feel fine making.

Having said that, I think it's interesting to see a word that is new (its source is very old, but the modern contraction isn't) and that is being used with a range of slightly different connotations. It certainly does seem to act as a kind of social marker for the person using it.

You're saying the word is rather cunning, linguisticly *
by 88_92WSND  (2016-12-20 18:48:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ha! It is almost like a word from a dialect...
by Kbyrnes  (2016-12-20 19:34:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in which case there is something of a semantic barrier between speakers of one dialect and speakers of another. It reminds me of the use of the word con in French, which in its native context is not crazily vulgar, just sort of vulgar. In English it would best be represented by "jerk" or "bloody idiot" (depending on which side of the pond you're from). But if you check out its etymology, you will learn that it comes from the same Latin word that's the first part of what your punning phrase implies.

(Several years ago, as I noted here at the time, Sarkozy was making his way from his official vehicle through a crowd and when he went to shake one guy's hand, the fellow said "Don't touch me, you'll soil me" (Ah non, touche-moi pas! Tu me salis!) to which Sarkozy quickly and rather deftly replied, while hardly breaking step, Casse-toi pôv’ con, which more or less means, sod off, you bloody idiot. English language writers tittered for a few days over the saucy retort and how you could come up with a translation with the same sense of sticking it to someone, somewhat vulgarly, but not over the top.)

A sincere thank you *
by leahy  (2016-12-20 17:40:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Locked post now gone? *
by sorin107  (2016-12-20 17:16:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a subthread within the Redfield thread.
by DCDave  (2016-12-20 17:18:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't stand that 'word'.

Thank you.
by angel  (2016-12-20 17:11:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry AZDomer

help me here
by nd57  (2016-12-20 16:42:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is this a board "term" ot hidden meaning, I ask because I have no idea what that word means, I thought it was a typo for kook.

Me too. Can you insult me if I've never heard the word?
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2016-12-20 19:50:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've been mad enough during ND games in the not so distant past that I made up some words. That's what this reminds me of.

It started its recent history being an insult
by ugoirish  (2016-12-20 18:33:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for people who were viewed as continually supporting politicians and political movements who regularly betrayed their interests (they're being "cuckolded" by these powers). Then it morphed into an insult for people who were viewed as supporting cultural-ethnic groups who posed a perceived threat to them. It's gone from stupid and a little ugly to very ugly and extremely stupid in the eyes of every normal political viewpoint. I take it as a sign of the ignorance of the people who use it that it doesn't even apply in any of it's recent usages to what Cross posted below.

Super slang for an emasculated male. *
by gradyfan  (2016-12-20 17:04:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's recent heritage makes it particularly problematic.
by angel  (2016-12-20 17:14:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hardly a new word, it's newfound popularity (and abbreviation) is thanks to some of the most despicable on the internet.

More accurately, it's a wildly misused word
by ACross  (2016-12-20 17:06:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Made worse by abbreviation to make it easier for one to text and/or tweet. That it's gaining traction amongst geeks in electronic and social media makes it all the more inane.

If by Geeks you mean White Supremicists and /pol posters. *
by daviehamsufferer97  (2016-12-20 21:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which are the same thing.

What in the hell is a /pol poster? *
by ACross  (2016-12-20 22:15:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't go down that rabbit hole.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2016-12-21 00:04:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

/pol is the political board of that bastion of intelligent thought 4chan. It's the place where calling people that term originates from.

I agree wholeheartedly with the ops decision to ban people who use it.

It's a word used by imbeciles, 90% of whom
by PWK2  (2016-12-20 16:17:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could not define what it means. Using it, outside of its dictionary definition, immediately identifies one as a cretin.

Yeah
by htownnd  (2016-12-20 17:47:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a pretty specific meaning/word.

You can go a couple of ways as to weather is voluntary or involuntary, but it's usage below doesn't make sense, or that brain trust on Twitter's use of it was also quite off. That said, it's pretty obvious that it's meant as an insult, even if the context is way off.

Hey! John Walters, man of 100,000+ tweets, used that word
by ACross  (2016-12-20 16:46:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to describe Kelly critics who supported the ads.

I really don't understand word choice in the context of the thread, infra, or in Walter's use in re: the ad. I think dorky people who use social media way too much just tend to use the same inappropriate insults. LOL.

Thanks for piquing my curiosity
by frickerdog  (2016-12-20 16:41:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had never looked up that word until just now. Degrading, indeed*

*Unless you are into that sort of stuff.

Are you sure he didn't mean cuckoo? Simple typo, and fits *
by ndandy  (2016-12-20 15:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

'Chucklehead,' perhaps. *
by irishhawk49  (2016-12-20 16:35:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Non-thinkers?"
by Inigomontoya  (2016-12-20 15:25:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What's this sign say!?

No barefeet?

No! This sign!

No fighting...

No Dice
by Moff  (2016-12-20 18:13:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's hurl, h-u-r-l
by wiNDycityfan  (2016-12-20 15:41:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pick up that blood *
by El Kabong  (2016-12-20 15:34:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You owe me one gumball machine. *
by milhouse  (2016-12-20 22:32:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Proactive isn't a word either
by ACross  (2016-12-20 15:23:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kbyrnes thinks on premise is proper English.

Then again, he's behind the Irish.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.