This is good on many levels
by sprack (2014-10-27 12:30:31)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: ND @ ASU will kickoff at 3:30pm EST on ABC  posted by Vermin96

It's not a night game.

OK, that's the only level that really matters.

It will be ASU's first non-night game this year
by Brandon  (2014-10-27 15:16:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would think that's more disruptive to them than us, if anything.

As long as I am not going to games I like night games
by Old Fogey  (2014-10-27 12:53:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't have to carve out time in the middle of the day to watch us and don't have to worry if the game goes late.

Besides, I would think all the night games would add to our cache with recruits "How many other places can you play at were people can see you in prime time most of the time"

We don't need all of them to be night games. Ever *
by sprack  (2014-10-27 14:21:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The timing helps, too, I think.
by WilfordBrimley  (2014-10-27 12:49:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The PAC 12 doesn't play all that many games before about 6 or so EST, and it could be my confirmation bias, but they traditionally don't play all that well in early games. On the other hand, we don't have to change our schedule at all as it falls exactly in the same slot we normally play.

"it falls exactly in the same slot we normally play"
by realmccoy  (2014-10-27 13:32:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not really. Five of our first eight games this season will have been night games. So, it does not really matter when they schedule the game.

It does between the Northwestern and Louisville games *
by sprack  (2014-10-27 14:22:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The late-late starts (10 ET-later) seem to benefit
by ShermanOaksND  (2014-10-27 12:52:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pac-12 teams vs. OOC more than anything else. However, for what it's worth, I believe ND is perfect in such late-late starts -- at Arizona in 1980, at Stanford and at Hawaii in 1991 are the ones I can recall.

Better still, it looks like a national telecast
by ShermanOaksND  (2014-10-27 12:43:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's because there will be no ACC game in that slot, and the Big 12 games are all Fox or FS1 that week. Virginia-FSU will be at 6:30 ET on ESPN, with Oregon-Utah at 10 ET.

If a Big Ten game is put in that slot, it would be reverse-mirror with ND-ASU, with part of the country seeing one game on ABC and the other game on ESPN2, and vice-versa. But ND-ASU still would be a national telecast.

EDIT: ND-ASU will be national on ABC. Michigan-Northwestern will be on ESPN2. No reverse mirror.

We also don't have to miss Alabama-LSU, which will be in prime time on CBS, or OSU-MSU, prime time on ABC.

It's definitely ABC National
by Vermin96  (2014-10-27 12:49:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN2 will air Michigan @ Northwestern nationally

And with any luck we'll actually get to watch it. Seems like
by FrMiceli  (2014-10-27 13:04:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the last one out at ASU was scewed up with technical difficulties for the whole game. How long ago was that?

16 years ago. *
by KET  (2014-10-27 14:26:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1998--Because that's what everybody else is saying. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2014-10-27 13:28:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1998 -- there was a power failure
by ShermanOaksND  (2014-10-27 13:08:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was very hot that day (October 10). It should be a lot more comfortable on November 8, although there are no guarantees.

1998. Was also a 3:30 start
by BigEND  (2014-10-27 13:07:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Joey Goodspeed (fullback) had like 150 yards rushing on 6 carries, if I recall correctly, and we won.

1998. Just saw ND is 3-0 against ASU all-time (link)
by IrishTrpt07  (2014-10-27 13:07:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.