We are on a collision course with 8 win purgatory.
by IrishGeek (2016-12-19 09:45:14)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I think the ad campaign may be working.  posted by SWPaDem

Elko's new defense will be the difference in beating Michigan State or NC State, but we'll still lose 4 of UGA, USC, UNC, Miami, NC State, MSU, and Stanford. We're not going to be even as good as 2012 or 2015, but Kelly will be forced again to run to ball with a new QB and the schedule is weaker, so we'll get to 8-4.

2017: Another successful season! See, Kelly just had an off year, we're back to competing for national championships!

Wait and see who the new OC is
by Brahms  (2016-12-19 10:17:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Polian will resurrect recruiting, and get STs to a decent level.

I think Elko will help (nowhere to go but up, really).

S&C was long overdue for a reset. Hope we don't get a Longo / GVSU acolyte. But, like many of our assistants, we've had S&C coaches who floundered here and went on and did good things at other programs (such as tOSU).

But offense will continue to sputter in the red zone unless we get Kelly's head out of his ass there. Oh, and get him to establish a different relationship with his QB's. I don't think that's going to happen.

So, yeah, I think 8-4 will be "good enough" for Jack et al. And I think Kelly will continue to fish around for another gig. I don't know who'd take him at this point, so I think he's here until retirement, until we get the plastic grass refreshed in 2018 (already its starting to look shop warn), or until Jack retires.

Can't wait for the `Tron, BTW.

Heisler is already preparing his 8-4 spin message *
by garbageplate  (2016-12-19 09:58:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

100% more wins than losses.
by TJK1998  (2016-12-19 11:21:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What, people are going to argue with 100% now?!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.