I don't care about the NFL when I am on Rock's House
by irishrock (2014-12-30 12:00:10)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: I bet you thought Rex Grossman was awesome  posted by gadomer

I care about ND. A month ago I spoke about the fact that Tony Rice is one of the most loved QB's in ND history and he didn't sniff an NFL tryout. I just want ND to win...I don't care about style points.

And yes, Grossman and Wuerffel were outstanding NCAA qb's. I don't have any doubt at all that Spurrier is a better offensive mind than Kelly. Not one part of my being believes Kelly is better than Spurrier in this regard.

I've been pretty vocal about Kelly and the way he recruits and builds the program. I've given him solid to even high marks in this regard. I've also been an adamant Kelly non-believer in his game planning, his gameday decisions, and his offensive philosophy.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Kelly should look into the Gary Pinkel CEO type of role for himself. Pinkel delegates and lets the assistants run things. Sure, he wears a headset that the assistants probably have on mute, but he looks important and all. That's what Kelly needs to do, but he never will because his offense worked at D-III championships or whatever.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.