It is not all that bad
by Vairish84 (2014-12-30 11:36:29)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Kelly's 2010-2012 OL recruiting (and recruiting in general)  posted by smithwick

Matt James would change the dynamic a lot. Surely, Kelly can't be blamed for his death. Tate Nichols never played due to injury, again not the fault of the coach.

Hegarty was he top C recruit in his class. I think the heart issue hindered his development, but I don't think it has any lingering effects. Admittedly, his play has been weak for a starter.

Hanratty was a legacy and has been a serviceable back-up, which was really all that was predicted for him.

Harrell was a miss, but I don't recall many predicting great things for him either.

Stanley is getting first round NFL grades. Martin is likely to be a three year starter when all is said and done. He is better at C than at G, but has battled hand injuries.

Lombard has been a solid starter for three years. He is not a star, but he has also given his body to the team as he is likely physically finished.

I think the last two classes, three if counting this one, come in with better credentials, but time will tell if they perform like that on the field.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. is not responsible for its contents.