As far as Stoops as head coach
by Bellcon (2014-12-30 10:17:23)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

I firmly believe Bob Stoops would be a better coach than Brian Kelly but I don't believe he would ever win a national championship at ND.

I also believe Mark Richt would be a better coach but again don't believe he would win a national championship at ND.

I believe without being in a power 5 conference Notre dame has to have 1 fewer loss than other teams to make the final four. ND will be punished for no conference title with an 11-1 record. So here is the question:

Would you rather hire someone like Stoops or Richt as your head coach knowing you will have some 10-2 seasons but also some 8-4 seasons. You will win some big games against USC but you will lose some games against Mich St. or Texas when you are more talented on paper. You will have a .500 bowl winning percentage. Some against big name schools and some against mid level schools.

Or would you rather hire the next mid level hot coach knowing you might get the next Guz Malzahn or Urban Meyer but you might also get the next Brian Kelly or Dan Hawkins.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.