Special Teams Emphasis...
by dbldomer7375 (2014-12-30 08:44:32)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Board members often complain about ND's special teams. I 'm here to tell you that special teams are not being ignored! Look at these highlights gleaned from press releases...

Saturday, December 27, 2014
-- Day two in Nashville began for the Irish squad with a 9:30 a.m. breakfast, followed by 10:30 a.m. special teams meetings and then 10:45 a.m. offensive and defensive unit and position meetings. The Notre Dame football party left via bus at 11:45 a.m. for an hour-and-45-minute practice session at Father Ryan High School.

Sunday, December 28
- The Sunday schedule for the Irish squad featured a 10 a.m. brunch, special teams meetings at 2 p.m. followed by offensive and defensive position meetings at 2:20 p.m. The team headed to the Tennessee Titans’ indoor facility for a 90-minute practice that began at 4:40 p.m.

Look at that! In two days, the team had 35 minutes of time devoted to special teams meetings.

I think that answers some questions about how much emphasis is placed on special teams. (The answer is "not very much.")

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.