I think people minimize the Frozen 5 incident on the job.
by Queensman (2014-12-19 15:00:38)
Edited on 2014-12-19 15:02:18
[ Delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: People that will potentially replace Kelly will.  posted by FourLeafDomer

And I'm not talking about the perception of its effect on the season record (which is debatable). I'm talking about whether any coach worth a shit would want to go through anything like that....and still be expected to compete for championships every year.

For at least 80% of the schools out there, it wouldn't even reach the point of suspension for the players. And for 99% of the schools that demand football excellence, they wouldn't keep the coach so far in the dark for such a long and drawn out process.

How many coaches (whose hiring would be approved of here) are going to look at that incident and say "damn right, sign me up for that!!"??

You'd be completely naive to think any potential hires will discount that entire incident...along with Golson, Teo, and Floyd incidents...and still conclude that the ND job is better than the Ole Miss or MSU (both of them) jobs, etc.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.