Kelly won't be fired.
by FourLeafDomer (2014-12-18 18:13:47)
Edited on 2014-12-18 18:14:52
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Hypothetically speaking, what happens by January 1  posted by whitefieldwarrior

People should get that idea out of their head. The optics would be poor for Swarbrick if he fired a coach who is two seasons removed from the NC game and who just finished an injury plagued end of season after finishing the first half undefeated.

Every coach knows he's apt to have a similar season at some point in time and those that have been at this for awhile probably have. Look, Jim Harbaugh is 7-7 after two championship challenging seasons. His brother John has gone 17-13 the two seasons after he won the Super Bowl. Everyone in the profession knows shit happens. They'll want to know that they're going to get a fair shake at Notre Dame. I think the view from outside is probably that shit happened to Kelly in 2014. Would he have gotten a fair shake if he were fired after this season? I think the public view on that would be questionable.

Kelly is well set up for 2015. I think everyone knows that. If he lays another egg with a healthy, quality roster, Swarbrick will have an easy pitch to make to potential candidates. It will be that he just didn't get the job done.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.