Didn't Boston College fire its coach
by serious (2014-12-17 16:26:41)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Why should ND be upset if Kelly is pursuing the NFL?  posted by irishaddict

for flirting with the NFL? It's not unprecedented. Unlike Kelly, I think the BC coach was interviewing for the first time so he received no warning. Swarbrick warned Kelly in 2012 that it was not to happen again.

Yes, and then they devolved into a dumpster fire. *
by irish2x  (2014-12-17 17:01:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That beat SC this year *
by NWEndzone  (2014-12-17 18:03:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BC told Coach Jag not to interview for the Jets. They
by cujays96  (2014-12-17 16:28:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

also told him he would be terminated if he did.

I don't know if the coach asked for permission but the Jets contacted BC prior to the interview as a courtesy.

I said unusual, not unprecedented
by irishaddict  (2014-12-17 16:28:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it's to ND's advantage to fire Kelly before he interviews for an NFL job.

If Swarbrick wants to replace Kelly for performance reasons that is a different case.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.