Ankle-biter vs Ankle-biter. Navy had 370 yards vs Ohio State
by SEE (2014-12-14 17:26:53)
Edited on 2014-12-14 17:29:06
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Army held navy to 17 points  posted by Nd57

On the ground.

Their offense sucks and should be relegated to FBS

Am I missing the sarcasm?
by ParkNDCrew  (2014-12-14 20:52:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have very poor athletes compared to their competition. Their offense is one of the best in college football, and their scheme is the only thing allowing them to play close to much more talented teams.

The idea that cut blocks should be banned isn't new
by SEE  (2014-12-14 22:21:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it is an equalizer offense, it also causes injuries. To me if you have to play the game in a way that causes injuries, you should just be in a lower league. ACL injuries like Ishaq sustained and Day's ongoing injuries can cost kids real dollars.

From the Citadel after the FSU game:
"I played in the game last night and also contributed to the injury list and that was just the mindset going into the game," offensive lineman Victor Hill wrote. "Me and my offensive line brothers preached to each other all week that we would be going for knees from the first play to the last play with the A-backs included. We saw it as if they (won't) respect us for blocking them then we'll make them respect us for cutting them!"

"Those guys that cut and chop like this, it's crazy," head coach Jimbo Fisher said following the game. "I'd rather play more conventional teams. Just because of the chance of injuries that occurred."

Or David Cutcliffe
Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson objected to Duke coach David Cutcliffe’s comments about cut blocks in Saturday’s game, won 38-14 by the Yellow Jackets. After the game, Cutcliffe called cut blocks a safety issue and proposed eliminating from the game. “My only response would be, let’s see how many (Duke) defensive starters are out for their game Saturday vs. Pitt,” “The rules are so hard to understand,” he said. “The officials can’t officiate it, in my opinion. That’s why I’m a proponent to just take it out of the game. It’s easier to officiate, it’s safer for the kids. That’s kind of the reason.”

I agree that cut blocks should be taken from the game
by jt  (2014-12-14 22:58:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I read your post (and I think the other poster did as well, and perhaps others) that there is something wrong with the overall scheme. As I am sure you realize, cut blocking isn't necessarily part of the veer scheme, it is a tactic that the academies use to run their offense but it is not part of their offense. IN other words, you can still run the veer without the cut blocks.

By the way, the kids playing 1-AA, 2, and 3 have moms and dads too; why should we change the rule for the D-1 schools and let the other kids get hurt?

it's not a fair offense
by jt  (2014-12-14 21:06:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it doesn't allow us to showcase our size and blitz scheme advantage and it requires our defensive players to be able to think. It should be against the rules.

We should drop any team that hurt the lads
by irishrock  (2014-12-14 21:09:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would drop Southern Cal for what they did to Collinsworth and Redfield

I don't think Leahy's Lads would've liked it more than UGA
by SEE  (2014-12-15 00:18:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I'm going to wear two sets of knee pads," Georgia outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins said. "Georgia Tech is the master of cutting. I will give them that. Every time we play Tech, we're all on the ground after that first play."

"I like cut-blocking as much as a cat likes a tub of water," Bulldogs defensive end Ray Drew said.

There are the bumps and bruises of the game, then there's going for the knees to make up for a size disadvantage.

Tito, get this man a tissue *
by jt  (2014-12-15 00:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

More like "Dr., get a scope and an insurance
by SEE  (2014-12-15 01:53:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

policy for Tito."

actually, I think it's more like
by jt  (2014-12-15 08:53:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"find another sport for this guy to watch."

I would rather ND GIVE UP FOOTBALL
by jt  (2014-12-14 22:56:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than become a football factory that plays cheap football like the University of Navy does!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.