Good for him. That should be a good job
by ProV1x (2016-08-09 09:32:53)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: Purdue just named Mike Bobinski as its new AD. * (link)  posted by 59075

but it could all depend on the president's attitude towards the athletic budget.

True that. I doubt Mike took the leap without knowing
by 59075  (2016-08-09 09:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the lay of the land financially. If he makes a good hire of the next football coach, assuming Hazel is not their guy, he should be a hero. Both basketball coaches are in place and Burke oversaw a lot of facility upgrades already.

My sister and her husband both coached at Purdue.
by ProV1x  (2016-08-09 14:29:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At the time the president was very tight with the athletic budget.

They were both also working on advanced degrees at the time so when that was finished they moved on. Actually she wasn't a coach but was Dean of the modern dance department. He was the head wrestling coach. My sister said it was a treat trying to teach those stout Hoosier farm gals how to be graceful!

I can remember playing both golf courses at Purdue and because of inadequate funding at that time they had allowed them to almost turn into goat ranches, especially the historic South course. Pete Dye has come to the rescue since. With proper funding and his gratis expertise both courses have been renovated into jewels for Purdue to be proud of.

OT...I played in the USGA Junior at Purdue South in 1955. It was the only time I saw Ben Hogan in person as he gave the clinic for us kids. Classic!

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. is not responsible for its contents.